Make fresh Homemade Tzatziki in minutes with just a few healthy ingredients!
This is the ultimate Greek sauce, dip, or condiment. Tzatziki has a bright, creamy flavor punctuated by yogurt, cucumber, dill, garlic, and a splash of lemon juice. It’s a quick, keto dip that can be used all year long and goes great with vegetables or keto crackers.
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your DIPS & SAUCES Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Best Tzatziki Recipe
- This homemade tzatziki sauce is a welcome summer refresher.
- This dip is so healthy and flavorful. It will fit into every low carb lover’s meal plan.
- This easy dip is made in minutes.
- Use this homemade tzatziki sauce in gyros, or on an appetizer platter with vegetables or low carb crackers.
Ingredients And Variations
YOGURT: Choose full-fat yogurt for the best flavor. Greek yogurt is thick and creamy, and is sometimes a little less tart, but plain yogurt will do.
CUCUMBER: Available all year long, cucumbers are affordable and bring a wealth of healthy nutrients to any dish! Chopped fresh or frozen spinach adds color and extra texture, too!
PRO TIP: Squeeze out excess moisture if using frozen spinach.
DILL: Dill has a unique flavor that’s light and grassy. Use minced mint with dill, especially if serving tzatziki with fish.
LEMON JUICE: Real lemons have the best flavor! One lemon is all it takes and zesting the skin will add a bit of color and some citrusy fragrance to tzatziki.
PRO TIP: Heat a lemon in the microwave for 30 seconds to loosen the flesh and get more juice from squeezing.
How To Make Tzatziki
This dip is super healthy and is so quick & easy to make.
- Grate cucumber (as per the recipe below) and squeeze out liquid.
- Combine cucumber with the remaining ingredients.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Drizzle olive oil over the top before serving, if desired.
What Goes Best with Tzatziki
Tzatziki sauce goes with almost everything! Serve it with some low carb chicken tenders, salmon, Greek salad, baked chicken meatballs, or some crispy pork bites. It is also delicious with a simple vegetable platter or an array of appetizers. And chicken souvlaki would not be the same without it! Why not drizzle some into a low carb pita or a lettuce wrap with some ground turkey meatballs?
Storing Tzatziki Sauce
Keep leftover homemade tzatziki in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Yogurt-based recipes generally won’t freeze well, but since tzatziki is so versatile, it’s easy to use up!
PRO TIP: Store in a squirt bottle and use as a condiment for burgers, or as a sauce for fish.
More Low Carb Dips & Sauces
- Keto Cheese Sauce – creamy favorite!
- Low Carb Ranch Dressing & Dip– perfect for veggie platters.
- Keto Thousand Island Dressing – sweet and tangy goodness!
- Dill Veggie Dip (Keto/Low Carb) – perfect party appetizer.
- ⅔ cup grated cucumber
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon dill chopped
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic grated
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Grate cucumber and place in a clean towel. Squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- Combine cucumber with the remaining ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- Mix until fully combined. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Refrigerate tzatziki in a covered container for up to 2 days. Dressings made with fresh garlic should not be kept longer than 3 at the most.
- Store Tzatziki in a bottle for use as a condiment on burgers, or as a sauce for fish or meat dishes.
- It is not recommended to freeze Yogurt-based recipes such as this one.
REPIN this Homemade Tzatziki Recipe!