This Italian Sausage Soup recipe makes a comforting meal on those chilly fall and winter evenings.
It is a hearty and delicious soup that is made with fried sausage which is then cooked in a creamy broth. Simple spinach or any other vegetable add-ins add a splash of healthy color and flavor. A dash of red pepper flakes gives a spicy kick to this keto soup.
Italian Sausage Soup
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your SOUPS Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Easy Hearty Soup Recipe
- Sometimes sausage just needs a few extra ingredients to perk it up. A sausage soup is just the answer.
- This sausage soup is made with heavy cream, giving the soup a delicious, smooth texture.
- With no sugar and low carbs, this is a great keto soup.
Fresh & Delicious Ingredients
SAUSAGE: This recipe calls for a cooked Italian sausage. Choose a spicy or sweet sausage, depending on how spicy of a soup is desired and slice it into bite-sized pieces.
BROTH: Use a good store-bought chicken broth. Any homemade broth would also work with this soup simply adjust the salt content accordingly.
VEGETABLES: The only vegetable that is added to this soup is spinach (and onion and garlic). However, kale zucchini or cabbage can be used as a substitute for spinach.
How to Make Italian Sausage Soup
This one-pot meal is a simple fix:
- Melt the butter in a pan.
- Add sausage & the onions until cooked. Stir in garlic.
- Add chicken broth & pepper flakes.
- Toss in the spinach. Cook.
- Add the cream.
- Serve and enjoy!
Make Italian Sausage Soup in advance, it will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for at least 3-4 days. Reheat on the stovetop or the microwave for a quick meal.
This soup will freeze well and will keep in the freezer for 3 months. To thaw, remove from the freezer and let thaw in the refrigerator. It can be reheated on the stove.
Other Low Carb Italian Inspired Recipes!
- Keto Lasagna Zucchini Boats – so easy!
- Zucchini Lasagna Roll Ups – delicious twist on lasagna.
- Keto Zuppa Toscana Soup – hearty and low carb!
- Keto Eggplant Lasagna – perfect to make ahead.
Italian Sausage Soup
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 12 oz fully cooked Italian-style sausage sliced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 ½ cups chicken broth
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 6 cups baby spinach
- ½ cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add sausage and onion, cook for 7 minutes or until the onion is soft and the sausage is browned. Add garlic and cook until fragrant about 30 seconds.
- Add chicken broth and red pepper flakes then bring to a boil. Cover saucepan, turn it down to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach and cook until it is wilted - about 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in the cream and season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.