Low carb has never tasted better than with this Lemon Roasted Cauliflower recipe!
Fresh and brightly flavored with a dash of lemon juice, this easy recipe is an elegant and healthy side dish or even a light summer entrée. Served hot or chilled, oven-roasted cauliflower is a refreshing addition to any table.
Lemon Roasted Cauliflower
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your SIDE DISH Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Why We Love This Oven Roasted Cauliflower Recipe
- Easy low carb keeps recipes simple enough to make in minutes.
- Cauliflower is a staple for keto and low-carb followers and is easily seasoned with garlic or parmesan cheese for so many different variations.
- Always healthy, low carb, and loaded with fiber, oven-roasted cauliflower complements any meal.
- One bowl and one sheet pan and it’s ready to serve.
- Meal prep and oven bake lemon roasted cauliflower in advance and reheat to eat all week.
Ingredients and Variations
THE VEGGIES: Cauliflower is a carb lover’s dream! Choose heavy heads that are bright white and unblemished. This recipe would also be great using broccoli, zucchini, carrots, or spaghetti squash! Or make a roasted medley using a variety of vegetables!
THE SEASONING: Garlic makes everything taste better! And, in keeping it keto, switch out the olive oil for melted leftover bacon grease or butter for an extra boost of flavor. For a spicy kick, toss cauliflower with a little Tex-Mex or chili seasoning before roasting! Another option is to toss the cauliflower in creamy vinaigrette Italian dressing before roasting.
How To Make Roasted Cauliflower
This easy recipe comes together in 1, 2, 3:
- Cut cauliflower into florets
- Toss with all the prepared ingredients.
- Spread on a baking sheet & bake (per recipe below) until tender and lightly browned.
Can You Roast Frozen Cauliflower?
Sure! Using frozen cauliflower takes a little longer in the oven, but turns out just as tender and crisp as fresh! The best way to roast frozen cauliflower is to defrost and drain it thoroughly, so that it bakes up extra crisp. But roasting it directly from frozen works too. Try roasting it on parchment paper in order to keep it super crisp.
- For a super crispy coating, sprinkle parmesan cheese over the roasted vegetables and place the baking sheet under the broiler for about 3 minutes or until the cheese is baked onto the cauliflower.
- As an appetizer, serve lemon roasted cauliflower with avocado dip, or Caesar salad dressing.
- As a side dish, serve alongside Melt In Your Mouth Chicken, an air fryer roast chicken or some keto pork tenderloin.
Storing Lemon Roasted Cauliflower
Store in the refrigerator in a sealed container for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave. Freeze cooked and chilled cauliflower in a zippered bag with the date labeled on the outside for up to 4 weeks. Reheat under the broiler or in the air fryer to achieve a crispy exterior again.
Roasted Vegetable Faves
- Perfectly Roasted Peppers Recipe – smoky & delish!
- Roasted Green Beans Recipe– ideal side.
- Roasted Keto Asparagus – a keto delight!
- Oven Roasted Radishes – fun appetizer or side dish.
- Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower – tender & lightly crusted.
Lemon Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ½ teaspoon pepper or to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Wash and dry cauliflower, cutting it into small florets.
- Toss dried cauliflower with lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, and seasonings.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until tender and lightly browned.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.