Creamy low carb Curried Cauliflower Soup is a healthy, filling, and fragrant soup.
This is a recipe that makes you feel like you’ve just ordered from a fancy Thai restaurant! Bold and aromatic green curry paste is mixed with cauliflower, coconut milk, and a hint of coriander to make an elegant soup that’s deliciously comforting and delightfully low carb!
Curried Cauliflower Soup
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your SOUPS Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Coconut Curry Soup with Cauliflower
- Coconut curry soup is an excellent first course to any Thai-inspired keto meal, or it can be a main dish simply by adding cooked Shredded Chicken, shrimp, or thin slices of pork. And did we mention it’s all made in one pot that goes from the stove to the tabletop in less than 30 minutes?
- Serve with a side of fun Easy Chicken Lettuce Wraps, a slice of Cloud Bread or some Rosemary Mushrooms.
Ingredients & Variations
CAULIFLOWER: Fresh or frozen cauliflower florets are perfect for this recipe! Broccoli (or a combo of both!) also are great in this curry soup!
GREEN CURRY PASTE: Easy to make but even easier to buy pre-made! Green curry paste has a long shelf life and can be used in so many other recipes! Try adding a spoonful of paste to this Low Carb Asian Noodle Soup, an Easy Beef Stir Fry, or this creamy Ranch Dressing & Dip for a boost of flavor!
SEASONED BROTH: Coconut milk, garlic, and coriander added to vegetable (or chicken) broth give this curried cauliflower soup its rich, velvety flavor and texture. For a bit of heat, stir in a little sriracha, sambal, or gochujang sauce.
How To Make Curried Cauliflower Soup
This soup is easy to make but has gourmet appeal:
- Soften onion in oil, then add garlic and curry paste. Cook until fragrant.
- Add cauliflower, broth, coriander, salt, and pepper. Simmer (per recipe below).
- Use an immersion blender to puree the soup and then stir in coconut milk and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Serve with freshly squeezed lime juice and a sprig of cilantro, if desired.
How to Make the Best Soup!
- Roast the cauliflower in the oven prior to adding to the soup. This will caramelize the outside, deepening its flavor.
- No immersion blender? No problem! Simply puree soup in a blender (careful, it will be hot) and return it back to the pot.
- Take care not to scald the coconut milk in the soup since this will destroy its flavor. Add it at the end of the recipe and simmer for only two minutes to warm up the soup.
Curried cauliflower soup tastes even better the next day! So keep it covered in the refrigerator where it will last for up to 4 days. Reheat on the stove over low heat and freeze chilled soup in containers or zippered bags for up to 4 weeks.
Other Savory Soups!
- Keto Minestrone Soup – ready in just 45 minutes!
- Cauliflower Leek Soup – creamy and savory.
- Chicken Cauliflower Rice Soup – a favorite made low carb.
- Low Carb Cabbage Soup – hearty and easy.
Curried Cauliflower Soup
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon green curry paste
- 1 head cauliflower small florets
- 4 cups vegetable broth or chicken broth
- ¼ teaspoon corinader
- ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper each
- ½ cup coconut milk
- lime wedges for serving
- In a large pot heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook until softened.
- Stir in garlic and curry paste and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add cauliflower, broth, coriander, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and then turn down to a simmer cooking for 20 minutes.
- Blend with a hand mixer and puree until smooth.
- Once done add coconut milk and simmer for 2 more minutes. Squeeze lime juice on top and serve.
- For a deeper flavor, roast the cauliflower in the oven prior to adding to the soup.
- Puree soup with an immersion blender right in the pot, or using a regular blender and return it back to the pot.
- Do not boil the coconut milk, add it at the end of the recipe and simmer for about two minutes.
- Cool soup, cover and refrigerate for up to 4 days. Freeze soup in containers or zippered bags for up to 4 weeks.
- Reheat soup on the stove over low heat
REPIN this Curried Cauliflower Soup recipe!