These are the best Instant Pot BBQ Ribs ever! Nothing tastes better than juicy, fall off the bone pork ribs.
This Instant Pot baby back ribs recipe starts with a sweet and savory dry rub that ensures deliciously tender results every time! Ribs in an Instant Pot are more than finger-licking good—they just might be the best damn ribs ever!
Instant Pot BBQ Ribs
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your MAIN DISH Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Best Instant Pot Ribs
- Instant Pot BBQ Ribs are perfect for last-minute entertaining and can be finished on the grill or under the broiler for a crispy exterior! They’ll become another low-carb fave on the menu rotation all year long!
- The Instant Pot makes this recipe so easy to make! Just season it, set it, and forget it! Now, juicy, tender ribs can be made in mere minutes instead of hours in the oven!
- For a big crowd, this recipe is perfect! Just cook baby back ribs in batches, cover and keep warm on the grill or in the oven.
Ingredients and Variations
RUB: The secret to mouth-watering baby back ribs is the pork dry rub that cooks into the meat, tenderizing and seasoning it at the same time. In a pinch for time? Taco seasoning can double as a rub as well!
BABY BACK RIBS: Come from where the rib meets the spine and are typically leaner and more tender. One rack is the equivalent of one serving as they are usually smaller pieces, however it can depend on the rack. Beef ribs can be substituted for pork but need to be cooked longer and will benefit from being cooked in more liquid to make them juicy.
LIQUID SEASONINGS: Cooking baby back ribs with some broth and optional liquid smoke will add a depth of flavor and keep them juicy.
How To Cook Ribs in an Instant Pot
- Prepare ribs for cooking. Apply dry rub (per the recipe below), pressing it firmly into the meat.
- Place trivet on the bottom of Instant Pot. Add broth.
- Set ribs upright in the Instant Pot topped with onions and garlic.
- Close lid and set cooking time. When finished, brush with optional BBQ sauce, olive oil, or other seasonings.
What To Serve With Baby Back Ribs
Baby back ribs go great with so many delicious sides! Cauliflower potato salad, low carb coleslaw, and some Daikon fries are all delicious additions to these tender, delicious and fall off the bone ribs!
Other Low Carb Pork Entrees To Try!
- Best Pork Loin Roast Recipe – easy and delicious!
- Keto Pork Tenderloin – so tender.
- Pork Tenderloin with Creamy Dijon Sauce – flavorful entree!
- Low Carb Pork and Cabbage Skillet – made quickly in one pan.
Instant Pot BBQ Ribs
- 1 baby back ribs about 1 ½- 2 pounds
- 1 cup water or broth
- 4 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 onion sliced
- 6 Tablespoons dry rub
- barbecue sauce optional
- 2 Tablespoons paprika
- 2 Tablespoons Swerve brown sugar sweetener or brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- Rinse ribs and pat dry. Remove the thin membrane from the back of the ribs.
- Cut ribs into 2-3 pieces (enough so they fit into the Instant Pot) and coat with dry rub massaging it into the meat.
- Place trivet (or rack) in the bottom of your Instant Pot. Add broth or water.
- Set ribs upright on the trivet (so they are not stacked on top of one another). Sprinkle with onion and garlic.
- Close lid and select manual pressure and set the timer for 23 minutes (25 minutes if they are extra meaty). Once done, allow the instant pot to natural release for 5 minutes.
- Open valve to release remaining pressure.
- Brush with barbecue sauce (or olive oil/salt/pepper for dry ribs) and broil or grill until slightly charred.