This Chicken Seasoning recipe is an easy way to dress up even the most simple cuts of chicken.
A pantry stocked with a variety of herb and spice blends is an inexpensive and quick way to add flavor to a meal. And this seasoning blend has the perfect combination of herbs and spices specifically tailored to compliment any chicken dish, from drumsticks to chicken breast or even a whole roast chicken.
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your SEASONINGS Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Best Chicken Seasoning
- The best part about this seasoning recipe is that it is low carb!
- Chicken seasoning is a mix of herbs and spices that are easily prepared. Measure, mix, and use!
- No need to run to the store to buy chicken seasoning, simply make it at home.
- This seasoning blend stays fresh, stored in the cupboard, for at least 3 months.
Chicken Seasoning Ingredients
HERBS: Rosemary, parsley, thyme, and basil are the dried leaves from a plant. Each has a different flavor profile that enhances the complexity of the seasoning. Garlic, although generally classified as an aromatic, adds that unique flavor that only it can!
MILD SPICE: Paprika, with its spicy or sweet flavor, is made from hot or sweet peppers. Its red hue adds a splash of color to the chicken. Mustard also ranges from sweet to spicy, just be sure to use the dry mustard powder (not the condiment).
How to Make This Chicken Seasoning Blend
There is a good chance that most of these herbs and spices are found in a typical home pantry. If not, they can easily be purchased at any local supermarket.
- Measure the ingredients into a bowl.
- Mix (as per the recipe below).
- Store in an airtight container.
Chicken Seasoning Ideas
As the title of this recipe suggests, the best use for this seasoning blend is with chicken. Try adding it to fried crispy chicken wings, baked chicken meatballs, or sprinkle it over a butterflied chicken. For a Mexican inspired night use it for chicken taco bites or some chicken fajitas. It also adds delicious flavor to grilled chicken breasts.
Easy Storage Solutions
Keep all spices and herbs in a cool, dark place. Sunlight causes them to fade and lose potency, while damp conditions can cause mold. So if containers are on display, use dark and airtight containers. However, containers kept in the cupboard can be clear or light colored with an airtight lid. In this case, a mason jar will work or a container that has a shaker lid.
Other Easy DIY Seasonings To Try!
- Homemade Fajita Seasoning – delish south-of-the-border seasoning.
- Low Carb Blackening Seasoning – ready in 5 minutes.
- Keto Taco Seasoning Recipe – tasty on beef, chicken, pork or shrimp.
- Southwest Seasoning – super easy to make.
- 1 Tablespoon dried basil
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 Tablespoon paprika
- 1 Tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
- ½ Tablespoon dried rosemary chopped
- ½ Tablespoon pepper
- ½ Tablespoon kosher salt
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix until combined.
- Store in an air tight container for up to 3 months.
- Sunlight causes herbs and spices to fade and lose potency, while damp conditions can cause mold.
- Containers on display should be dark and airtight. Containers kept in the cupboard can be clear or light colored with an airtight lid.
- Store this spice mix for up to 3 months stored as suggested above.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Chicken Seasoning recipe!