Every restaurant has some version of a Denver Omelet. This classic breakfast recipe is so popular because of the combination of flavorful ingredients; eggs, bell peppers, ham, and cheese!
© Easy Low Carb.com
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
What’s in a Denver Omelette?
No one really knows how the Denver Omelette got its name, but it’s served all over the world in many variations!
The classic breakfast recipe uses only a few, super fresh and tasty ingredients! Eggs, onions, bell peppers, ham and cheese are the basics, but don’t hesitate to add anything else you want! Try some bacon bits, avocado, sliced black olives, or even some jalapeños!
Tips for Making the Perfect Omelet
- Be sure your eggs are thoroughly whisked! This will help them cook up fluffy and hold the other ingredients inside the omelet, preventing them from sinking to the bottom or floating on the top.
- Lots of professional chefs and home cooks have special 6” omelet (or egg) pans that are only used for preparing eggs. Since eggs have such a delicate flavor, a specific pan would be a good investment for perfect omelettes every time!
- Make sure the pan is hot when you add the eggs! And watch the omelet cook carefully so it doesn’t get too brown on the bottom and end up tasting rubbery and overcooked!
What To Do With Leftovers
Leftover omelettes are just as good the second time around as long as they are reheated properly. But don’t hesitate to get creative and make a breakfast sandwich or chop finely and put on top of a salad or in a soup!
- To Reheat
- In the Microwave: Pop in the microwave covered to trap the steam. The steam will fluff the omelette up and make it good as new again!
- On the Stove: Add a dab of butter in a pan with the omelet and cook until heated through.
Sharpen the flavors with a little salt and pepper, some extra melted cheese on top and serve!
Favorite Egg Recipes
- Spinach Cheese Egg Bake – versatile & budget-friendly
- Bacon Egg Muffins – great on the go breakfast!
- Crustless Ham and Cheese Quiche – low carb & keto too
- Hard-Boiled Eggs – perfect every time!
- Keto Egg Salad – staple with only 3 main ingredients!
- 3 large eggs whisked
- 2 Tablespoons butter divided
- 1 Tablespoon white onion
- 1 Tablespoon red pepper diced
- 1 Tablespoon green pepper diced
- 1/2 oz ham chopped
- 1 oz cheddar cheese
- Preheat a 6" skillet over medium heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter and the vegetables. Cook until tender.
- Add remaining butter and mix well. Pour eggs into the pan and reduce heat to medium low.
- Allow eggs to cook using a spatula to slowly lift the edges and allow uncooked egg to run underneath.
- Cook until set. Top with cheese, remove from heat and cover 1 minute or until melted.
- Fold in half and serve.