Looking for the best way to get crispy fried bacon without all the mess? This recipe makes easy Oven Fried Bacon a cinch!
Why not fry up a whole package (or two) at a time? Store oven fried bacon in a zippered bag and keep it in the refrigerator. That way there will always be ready to eat pieces for breakfast, or put into a BLT Egg Salad Lettuce Wrap or crumble on a Low Carb Caesar Salad!
© Easy Low Carb.com
Oven Fried Bacon
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Who would have thought that all those years of frying bacon on the stove would be replaced by this great method using a sheet pan and the oven instead!
Why We Love Oven Fried Bacon
Why do we love bacon fried in the oven? Oh, let me count the ways!
- Time: No longer do you need to stand over the stove and watch the bacon cook in the pan, just pop it in the oven and let it cook away! This allows you to take time for other more important things, like enjoying another cup of coffee!
- Save the bacon grease: It makes a super flavorful fat instead of oil or butter for frying eggs, pan-frying meat and fish or sauteing veggies. For homemade popcorn popping, substitute bacon grease for vegetable oil for bacon-flavored kernels!
- More bacon: You can do far more bacon at one time in the oven compared to the stovetop! Perfect when you are feeding a crowd.
- Clean up is a breeze: This oven method contains the splatters so you have far less mess to contend with.
- Consistent cooking: You will find that bacon cooked in the oven cooks more evenly and will not curl up as much when compared to using the pan fry method.
How To Fry Bacon In The Oven
This is the best part – it’s a quick 2 step process!
- Place a single layer of bacon on a rimmed baking sheet and bake (per recipe below).
- Remove slices and place them on a paper towel to soak up any extra fat.
That’s all there is to it. No splatter and no mess, just delicious crispy bacon!
Tips For Crispy Bacon
- Look for bacon that has lots of meat on it! That’s what those little windows on the back of the package are for!
- For super-easy cleanup, line the baking sheet with foil or parchment paper before placing it in the oven.
- To avoid splatters, turn a separate sheet pan on the top of the sheet with the bacon on it. Or alternately, place a piece of parchment over the top of the bacon. Both methods work well and help keep your oven splatter free!
- Leftovers can be stored in a zippered bag in the refrigerator for up to a week. Perfect for BLTs, a snack, or to reheat with eggs for breakfast!
Other Easy Bacon Inspired Recipes
- Warm Bacon Dip – so cheesy
- Bacon Egg Muffins (Keto) – perfect grab-n-go breakfast
- Fried Cabbage with Bacon – extra flavorful
- Bacon Wrapped Cabbage (keto/low carb) – a delicious side dish
Oven Fried Bacon
- 1 pound bacon
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Arrange bacon on a rimmed baking tray, using two if necessary.
- Without flipping, bake for 18-20 minutes or until bacon reached desired crispiness.
- Transfer to paper towel lined plate before serving.