Spinach Cheese Egg Bake is not only versatile but budget-friendly! Whip together spinach, cheese, eggs, and bake to create this delicious dish.
Serve with refreshing fruit flavored water and a summer fruit salad! It’s the perfect combination for a hot day!
© Easy Low Carb.com
Spinach Cheese Egg Bake
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
What Goes into a Breakfast Egg Bake?
You can add almost anything into this versatile recipe! That’s what’s so great about these kinds of egg bake recipes.
Switch it up, make a sausage egg bake or a ham and egg bake, similar to an easy quiche without the crust! For vegetarians, a spinach cheese egg bake can be a healthy and filling breakfast.
How to Make an Egg Bake Casserole
This simple casserole is hearty, filling and healthy! Filled with vegetables, cheese, and crispy bacon you’ll love serving this for breakfast. And your family will love eating it.
- Fry bacon and onions together. Drain and set aside.
- Whisk eggs until almost doubled in size. Add the cottage cheese until thoroughly mixed.
- Combine the vegetables, flour and bacon crumble in a separate bowl.
- Mix with the egg mixture and gently pour into the greased casserole dish.
How Long to Bake Egg Casserole
Once the casserole is ready for the oven you are only 30 minutes away from enjoying this tasty breakfast!
- Bake for about 25 minutes, until the eggs are set and fluffy.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese on top. Bake until the cheese is evenly melted over the top of the casserole.
Once you remove it from the oven, let it set about 5 minutes before cutting it into slices or squares and serving.
Can You Freeze an Egg Baked Casserole?
You can certainly freeze your egg baked casserole, but be sure it is fully cooled before you do.
To Freeze: Line the casserole dish with aluminum foil and spray with pan release before baking. This way, after it is baked and cooled, you can take it out of the casserole dish, and cut and freeze in any portion size you like. Be sure to wrap tightly and label for easier identification.
To Thaw & Reheat: Let it come to room temperature and reheat at 30-second intervals in the microwave, being careful not to over-cook. Feel free to freshen up the flavors with some extra salt and pepper, melted cheese, or even some homemade salsa!
Try These Delicious Breakfast Dishes:
- Bacon Egg Muffins (Keto) – perfectly portable healthy breakfast
- Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs – simple & delicious!
- Crustless Ham and Cheese Quiche (Keto) – only 6 simple ingredients!
- Cauliflower Pizza Crust – does breakfast get any better?!
Versatile and budget friendly recipe!
- 1 strip bacon diced
- 1/2 medium onion diced fine
- 1 cup egg whites
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 cup mushrooms sliced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 5 oz fresh spinach cooked and squeezed dry
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese shredded
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9×13 inch dish.
- Scramble fry the bacon and onion.
- Beat the egg whites until fluffy, almost doubled in size. Add the eggs and cottage cheese.
- Combine the red pepper and mushrooms with the flour. Add the spinach, cooked onion and bacon and toss.
Combine the vegetables with the egg mixture and pour into dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes then sprinkle the cheddar cheese and return to oven for 10-15 minutes more.
- Cheese should be melted and eggs cooked.
If using frozen spinach, squeeze liquid out. Use about 1 cup frozen spinach.