This easy low carb chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole recipe is table ready in under an hour with just a few steps!
This fresh take on our Grilled Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe is perfect for a low carb or keto style eating plan. We love this lazy way to make a fancy chicken cordon bleu because it’s not stuffed— instead, the ingredients are combined and cooked like a casserole.
What is Chicken Cordon Bleu?
Cordon Bleu is more than a fancy name. It’s a cooking method that means a piece of meat is stuffed with cheese and then breaded and pan fried or deep fried. This recipe is a casserole version so there is little assembly required!
How To Make Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
Chicken Cordon Bleu has never been easier than with this simple casserole method!
- Mix cream cheese with all ingredients except meat and cheese.
- Toss with the meat and ½ of the Swiss cheese.
- Transfer to casserole dish, top with remaining Swiss and pork rinds.
- Bake as per recipe.
PRO TIP: Warming the cream cheese about one minute in the microwave will make it easier to blend.
What Goes With Chicken Cordon Bleu?
So many tasty sides go with Cordon Bleu Casserole, it’s hard to pick the best ones! Here are a few of our favorites to round out an unforgettable meal!
- Roasted Asparagus
- Roasted Radishes
- Cucumber Salad with Feta
- Cherry Tomato Salad
- Air Fryer Roasted Broccoli
- This recipe is great for using up leftover chicken (or turkey). Take it off the bone and remove any skin and shred for the casserole.
- Use a mixer to make shredded chicken. Cut into chunks and set the mixer to low to shred your chicken with ease.
- Feel free to add other low carb veggies like slices of zucchini, mushrooms, or spinach.
- Try other toppings like french fried onions or crushed nuts!
- Store leftover casserole covered in plastic wrap in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave when it’s ready to be served again.
- Tuck a few scoops into a wrap or place on top of a bed of salad greens for a low carb workday lunch!
Other Low Carb Casseroles To Try!
- Unstuffed Cabbage Casserole – a family favorite.
- Enchilada Casserole– zesty and delicious!
- Loaded Cauliflower Casserole – so cheesy!
- Creamy Tomato Casserole – ready in under an hour.
- Chicken and Spaghetti Squash – so tasty.
- Chicken Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole – packed with flavor!
Cordon Bleu Casserole
- 3 cups cooked chicken shredded
- 8 oz ham chopped
- 4 oz Swiss cheese shredded, divided
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 3 oz butter melted
- 1 tablespoon white wine optional
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup pork rinds crushed
- fresh parsley optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, use an electric mixer to combine cream cheese, butter, white wine (if using), mustard, lemon juice, salt, and pepper until thick and creamy.
- Toss with shredded chicken, ham and 2 ounces of Swiss cheese and spread into the prepared dish.
- Sprinkle remaining Swiss cheese on top and then top with crushed pork rinds.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until casserole is hot and cheese is melted. Broil for 1-2 minutes if desired.
- Garnish with parsley if desired.