Looking for an easy keto comfort food recipe? Loaded Cauliflower Casserole is the best way to get that carb fix without all the carbs!
Mouth-watering, creamy and healthy, this cauliflower casserole recipe is a low-carb dieter’s dream come true! And who doesn’t love the added crunchy bacon bits and gooey cheddar?
© Easy Low Carb.com
Loaded Cauliflower casserole
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
What makes this casserole so hearty and flavorful? It’s made with delicious cauliflower, rich cream cheese then sprinkled with cheddar and baked to bubbly perfection!
Ingredients & Variations
- While cauliflower is the low carb star of this casserole and bacon has a delicious supporting role to play, why stop there? Feel free to add frozen mixed veggies, broccoli florets, chicken, turkey, even ground beef!
- When adding other veggies, keep them low carb like peas, zucchini, and bell peppers. Carrots, potatoes, and squash are high in carbs and are not the best choices for keto recipes.
- This recipe calls for fresh cauliflower, but frozen cauliflower rice works nicely if a food processor is not available. Another way to rice cauliflower is to grate it in its raw state with a box grater prior to cooking.
- Pro tip! Let the cream cheese come to room temperature so it blends easier with the other ingredients.
How to Make Loaded Cauliflower Casserole
This casserole is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Combine cauliflower, cream cheese, sour cream, and salt and pepper (per recipe below).
- Place cauliflower mash into a casserole dish and stir in cheddar cheese, bacon, and green onions.
- Top with remaining cheddar and bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
This recipe makes the perfect low carb side alongside an Air Fryer Chicken Breasts or a tender Oven Roasted Pork Loin.
How To Prepare in Advance
Loaded Cauliflower Casserole can be made and assembled in advance so it’s ready to heat up and serve at a moment’s notice!
Cover the casserole tightly with plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator for about a day. If the casserole is cool when you place in the oven, you may need to add on an additional 5-10 minutes to the bake time.
To Refrigerate – Loaded Cauliflower Casserole is one of those dishes that tastes even better the next day! Keep it covered in the refrigerator and it should last about 3 days.
To Freeze – You can either freeze cauliflower casserole before or after baking.
- In either case, be sure to line the casserole dish with aluminum foil.
- Remove the casserole from the casserole dish once frozen completely and wrap it in the foil. This way your casserole dish should be perfectly clean and ready for your next recipe!
- Cover the foil-wrapped casserole in plastic wrap and don’t forget to write the date on the outside! Loaded Cauliflower Casserole should last about one month in the freezer.
To Reheat – Thaw the casserole in your refrigerator overnight or on your counter for about 3 hours. Bake in a 350˚F oven for about 30 minutes to warm through. If it was not baked prior to freezing, you may need to place under a broiler for an additional 5 minutes to give the cheese that nice golden brown color!
More Cauliflower Recipes To Try!
- Cauliflower Fried Rice – so tasty and super easy!
- Low Carb Cauliflower Casserole with Cheese Sauce – for cheese lovers!
- Mashed Cauliflower – simple and delicious
- Low Carb Cauliflower Pizza Crust – perfect pizza crust alternative!
- Cauliflower Mushroom Risotto – so yummy
Loaded Cauliflower Casserole
- 1 head cauliflower
- 4 oz cream cheese
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 green onion sliced
- 4 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese divided
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wash cauliflower and place in a steamer basket. Add 1 cup water and cover.
- Simmer over medium heat until very tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove cauliflower from steam and let drain well. Place in food processor and process until smooth.
- Add in cream cheese, sour cream and salt & pepper to taste. Process until combined.
- Add cauliflower into 1 1/2 qt baking dish and stir in 1 cup of cheese, green onions, and half of the bacon.
- Spread into the dish. Top with remaining cheese and bake 15-20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
This was fabulous! It satisfied my craving for mashed potatoes! So good! Thanks for a great recipe.
So glad you enjoyed this casserole Ashley!