Cauliflower Chicken Fried Rice delivers a kick of umami flavor with a healthy twist!
Whenever I have leftover chicken, I dive for my best “one pot keto” recipes! And this easy Chicken Fried Rice made with cauliflower rice has simple, fresh ingredients and takes just minutes to prepare!
Cauliflower Chicken Fried Rice
© Easy Low Carb.com
REPIN it to you DINNER Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Tasty homemade chicken and fresh veggies are fried up in just one pan with all the trimmings for a keto recipe that’s even better than takeout!
How To Rice Cauliflower
Pre-made cauliflower rice can be found at most grocery stores. Frozen cauliflower rice is also available, which is super convenient if you are in a rush. While both are great options, there really is nothing like freshly make cauliflower rice.
Homemade cauliflower rice is not hard to make. Plus the texture and taste (and freshness) are amazing! Just follow three simple steps:
- Remove the cauliflower leaves, break or cut large chunks off the center core, then cut chunks into manageable pieces.
- Pulse in a food processor with the grater blade on. Alternatively, use the largest holes on a box grater, (the kind you use to grate cheese)
- Press as much moisture out of the cauliflower as you can.
PRO TIP! Spread cauliflower between paper towels and set a heavy casserole dish on top (even add a few cookbooks on for good measure). Allow this to sit while prepping the other veggies.
Let’s Get Cooking!
- Prepare cauliflower rice and chop other vegetables.
- Cook eggs, set aside.
- Sauté onions, ginger and onion.
- Add cauliflower and vegetables, cook about 5 minutes. Mix in remaining ingredients. Serve it steaming hot!
PRO TIP: Instead of cooking the egg at the beginning, cook it at the end! Push the ingredients to the side and cook the egg right in the same pan, mixing it all in once cooked.
Low Carb Additions To Chicken Fried Rice
This recipe is super made with leftover pork, beef, and/or leftover veggies. Fried rice is the perfect snack or meal when you have food you’d like to use up, so get creative! It’s hard to go wrong with something this tasty!
What To Do With The Leftovers
Seal leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for 1-2 days. I recommend having it for breakfast the day after, for a delicious hot meal to get your day started. It has eggs, so it’s allowed, right? Or pack it for a lunch you can heat in the microwave at work!
Follow the recipe below and in just 15 minutes you’ll have a steaming plate of delicious low carb fried rice in front of you! Your taste buds will thank you!
Other Cauliflower Recipes To Try!
- Best Roasted Cauliflower – so easy!
- Mashed Cauliflower with Cream Cheese – a perfect side dish.
- Low Carb Cauliflower Pizza Crust – for pizza lovers!
- Loaded Cauliflower Casserole – delicious!
- Cauliflower Mushroom Risotto (Low Carb) – a twist on a classic.
Chicken Fried Rice
- 1 tablespoon oil divided
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cups chicken cooked and diced
- ¼ cup green peas
- 2 tablespoons grated carrot
- 1 sliced green onion white and green divided
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 lb cauliflower riced
- 1 ½ tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large skillet. Whisk egg and pour into skillet. Cook just until set, about 2 minutes. Remove, finely chop, and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil over medium heat. Add garlic, ginger, and green onions. Cook until fragrant.
- Add cauliflower, carrot, peas, and chicken. Cook an additional 5-6 minutes or until cauliflower is softened.
- Stir in egg, soy sauce, sesame oil & remaining green onion. Cook 1 minute more.