Radish Salad is a fresh but deceptively simple, make ahead summer salad. Not only is this a crunchy and colorful low carb salad, but it’ll be one of your best-kept secret recipes!
Switch out the radishes with cucumbers or another low carb option like roasted cauliflower!
© Easy Low Carb.com
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
What’s In Radish Salad?
Radish Salad or Daikon Radish Salad is chock full of roasted radishes, hard-boiled eggs, green onions, pickles, celery, bacon and then served with a creamy mayo dressing.
When you have a potluck, a party, or a picnic, take this tasty side and wow everyone (even your non-low-carbin’ friends)! Perfect served with a summer bbq or or juicy Roasted Chicken Breast!
Let’s Make It!
Before you begin prepping your ingredients set your oven to 400˚F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Then prep this recipe is 3 simple steps, just prep, roast and dress this tasty salad!
- Prep: Wash and cut radishes in into bite size pieces. Chop pickles, celery and hard boiled eggs, slice green onions sliced, and crumble cooked bacon.
- Roast: Toss the radishes with the olive oil and seasonings and roast them about 30 minutes. Roasted radishes should be firm, not mushy. Allow to cool.
- Dress: Add dressing ingredients to a bowl and whisk to combine. Once the radishes are cooled completely, toss everything together!
Allow 2 hours for the flavours to blend before serving. While you wait you can start the rest of supper, or kick your feet up and relax.
How Long Will It Last?
Just like a potato salad, radish salad will last about a week if it stays covered in the refrigerator. To refresh it, simply give it a stir and add a little salt and pepper to bring back the zing!
Can You Freeze Radishes?
Radishes can be frozen, but due to their high-water content, once they are thawed they won’t be as crunchy. But they are perfect to keep on hand to add to soups in the cool winter months, like this tasty Beef Soup with Radishes.
The best way to freeze radishes is to:
- keep the skin on the radishes intact and cut them in half.
- blanch the halves in boiling water about 2 or 3 minutes and then submerge them into ice water.
- dry and place them in a freezer bag labelled with the date and then put them in the freezer!
Freezing radishes is super easy, so go ahead and stock up on summer’s bounty!
More Delicious Low Carb Salads!
- Cucumber Salad with Feta – so fresh!
- Keto Egg Salad – everyone’s favorite.
- Low Carb (keto) Caesar Salad – so easy to make!
- Cauliflower “Potato” Salad – a low carb twist on a classic.
- Coleslaw – always a crowd pleaser.
Radish Salad (Mock Potato Salad)
- 6 cups radishes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 hard boiled eggs chopped
- 2 green onions sliced
- ¼ cup dill pickles chopped
- ½ cup celery chopped
- 4 slices bacon cooked & crumbled
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- ½ teaspoon seasoning salt or to taste
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Wash radishes and cut in half if large. Toss with olive oil, salt & pepper. Roast 30 minutes or until tender. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- Toss dressing, radishes and remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.