This avocado chicken salad is a creamy and healthy creation!
Made with ripe avocado, creamy mayonnaise, and chunks of chicken, this salad is a low carb dish that everyone will love.
In a matter of minutes, this salad will be ready for serving!
Healthy Chicken Salad!
- Avocado, chicken, and mayonnaise are the main ingredients for this quick and easy salad.
- Mash the avocado, dice the chicken, and toss with the simple mayonnaise dressing.
- This dressing has all the ingredients to keep it low carb and delicious!
Ingredients and Variations
Avocado – Choosing an avocado for this recipe depends on when the salad is to be made. If it is to be made right away, then choose a ripe avocado that is free of blemishes. Choose a dark colored avocado that isn’t too firm, but isn’t mushy either. Give it a little squeeze.
Speed It Up!
To ripen an avocado quicker place it in a brown paper bag with a banana. This will speed up the process.
Chicken – Use diced or shredded chicken that has already been cooked. Turkey can also be substituted for the chicken. A rotisserie chicken is also a quick and easy option for the chicken pieces.
Variations – Add a splash of hot sauce. Replace the green onions with diced red onions. Other optional additions include diced red peppers and celery.
How to Make Chicken Salad With Avocado
- Mash the avocado with some lime juice (as per the recipe below).
- Add the mayonnaise and the seasonings.
- Add the diced chicken and the green onions. Toss and refrigerate.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Mash the avocado with a fork, leaving some chunks for texture. Don’t over-mash.
- Add extra lime or lemon juice for a super tangy chicken salad that won’t oxidize as quickly.
Ways to Serve Avocado Chicken Salad
Avocado chicken salad can be served as a light main dish or as a side. For a low carb sandwich wrap it in some lettuce like romaine or bibb. Or wrap it in a low carb flatbread. Try adding this salad to some hollowed-out tomatoes.
- Cover tightly, sealing out as much air as possible. Consider pressing plastic wrap to the top of the salad to completely seal it from air.
- This salad will only keep in the refrigerator for 1-2 days. Any longer and the avocado will start to oxidize.
Have you tried this Avocado Chicken Salad recipe? Leave a comment and rating below!
Avocado Chicken Salad
- 1 large ripe avocado peeled & pitted
- 1 ½ teaspoons fresh lime juice
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cooked chicken , diced
- 2 green onions , thinly sliced
- In a medium bowl, gently mash avocado with a fork leaving some small chunks for texture. Add lime juice and stir to combine.
- Stir in the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, and salt.
- Add the diced chicken and green onions. Toss gently to coat.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes before serving.
- Leave a few chunks of avocado for texture.
- For an extra tangy chicken salad that won’t oxidize as quickly, consider adding extra lime or lemon juice.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.