This easy shrimp kabob recipe is a bbq fave any time of year!
Fresh shrimp is marinated in pesto, threaded onto skewers, and grilled until nice and tender with a smoky pesto flavor!
Enjoy it as an appetizer or entree, it’s delicious as a tasty side on a surf n’ turf platter, too!
Sizzling Shrimp Delight!
- Summer entertaining calls for quick and easy recipes like this three-ingredient, two-step, tasty grilled shrimp kabob recipe!
- Ready-made pesto turns grilled shrimp kabobs into a savory low-carb appetizer, side, or light summer entrée in minutes!
- For easy meals all week long, make shrimp kabobs ahead. Then simply reheat or serve chilled.
3 Ingredient Recipe
Shrimp – Fresh or frozen (thawed) shrimp should be clean, whole, peeled, and deveined. The best size for grilling shrimp is 16/20 (16 to 20 pieces per pound) which equates to about 5-7 pieces per skewer, generally one serving per person
Marinade – Basil pesto comes ready to use, but making your own is easy, and great to have on hand for quick dips and dressings! For a sweeter, thinner marinade, whisk in a bit of pineapple juice.
Variations – For a fun flavor twist on this shrimp kabob recipe, use scallops but be sure to cook them on separate skewers. Make a spicy pesto marinade with a dash of sriracha or a sprinkle of zesty southwest seasoning.
How To Make Grilled Shrimp Kabobs
- Marinate shrimp in pesto for 20-30 minutes (as per the recipe below).
- Grill shrimp over medium heat for about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Serve with a lemon wedge.
What to Serve with Shrimp Kabobs
Healthy and protein-packed shrimp tastes great hot or cold! Enjoy them on their own as a quick snack, over a bed of salad greens, or tuck them into a low-carb wrap for an energizing workday lunch! Put the grill to double duty and cook them alongside grilled veggies, or a steak, or add them to almond basil zoodles.
Safety Tips For Shrimp
- Discard the pesto sauce after marinating the shrimp.
- Keep leftover shrimp refrigerated for up to 4 days and reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop on low heat with a little water in a covered pan. This will gently reheat the shrimp with steam instead of direct heat to keep the shrimp tender and moist.
Grill Time Favorites!
Grilled Shrimp Kabob Recipe
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- ½ cup prepared pesto
- 1 lemon cut in wedges for serving
- In a bowl toss shrimp together with the pesto until well coated. Cover and refrigerate 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers. Grill 2-3 minutes per side until shrimp is pink and cooked through.
- Serve warm with a squeeze of lemon juice.
- If using wood skewers, soak them in water for at least 3o minutes prior to cooking. This will avoid burning while grilling.
- Clean hands well before and after handling raw meat or seafood.
- Discard remaining pesto sauce after shrimp has marinated.
- Refrigerate leftover shrimp for up to 4 days.
- Reheat leftovers in the microwave or on the stovetop over low heat with a little water in a covered pan.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.