This homemade Avocado Salsa recipe is a year-round winner for so many recipes!
Creamy avocados, red onions, and Roma tomatoes are tossed in lime, cumin, and cilantro marinade to make this multi-use dip, filling, or topping. Make this avocado salsa verde recipe in minutes and serve it in so many ways. Try serving as a healthy dip with raw vegetables.
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your DIPS & DRESSINGS Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Best Avocado Salsa Recipe
- This heart-healthy avocado salsa recipe is ready to serve in minutes!
- It’s a great addition to a Mexican buffet, Taco Night, or as a simple snack dip with celery sticks, Low Carb (Keto) Zucchini Fries, or lettuce cups.
Avocado Salsa Ingredients
AVOCADOS: Fresh, ripe avocados are best but frozen avocado halves can also be found and used once they are thawed.
TOMATOES: Romas have a rich, sweeter flavor, but a drained can of diced tomatoes (try Rotel with the green chilis added!) are an easy substitute. Green tomatillos deliver a tart flavor and a distinctive green or Verde color.
SEASONINGS: Lime juice works as an anti-oxidizing agent that keeps the avocados from turning brown, and cumin and cilantro round out the flavor profile. Pineapple juice instead of lime juice will make the salsa sweeter. Sprinkle a DIY blend for a spicy flavored salsa like Southwest Seasoning or Keto Taco Seasoning Recipe.
ADD-INS: Use black beans or corn for color and texture, but sparingly as they are not low carb. Small bay shrimp, sliced black olives, sliced jalapenos, and green chilis are great flavor additions to avocado salsa!
How To Make Avocado Salsa
Avocado salsa is as easy as 1, 2,3!
- Toss diced avocado with lime juice.
- Prepare remaining ingredients and toss all ingredients together.
- Serve immediately or chill and use in a salad.
What To Eat With Avocado Salsa
Serve avocado salsa with low carb chips or crackers or top grilled or Baked Chicken Breast, add to keto Taco Lettuce Wraps or Shredded Pork Tacos, add to a Denver Omelet, or simply mix into a bed of greens with chilled shrimp, a Salmon Air Fryer Recipe, or your fave fish fillet.
Keep leftover avocado salsa covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Before serving, stir in a little more lemon juice and season with salt and pepper to refresh the flavors, or add freshly diced avocados and fresh cilantro.
Having a Party?
- Easy Spinach Dip – a crowd fave
- Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip – creamy with a kick
- Dill Veggie Dip – so fresh & flavorful
- Avocado Dip – perfect for a potluck
- 2 large avocados or 4 small
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ red onion diced
- ¼ cup Roma tomatoes diced
- 3 Tablespoons cilantro chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix avocado and lime juice together. Prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Serve immediately and store leftovers in an air tight container.
- Refrigerate avocado salsa covered for up to 4 days.
- Stir in a little more lemon juice and season with salt and pepper to refresh the flavors, or add freshly diced avocados and fresh cilantro.