This avocado salsa recipe is a recipe favorite!
Diced avocados, tomatoes, and red onions are tossed with a few seasonings and tossed in olive oil and tangy lime juice and ready to serve!
Discover a flavor sensation that will elevate your taste buds to new heights with this sensational salsa with avocado recipe.
The Best Salsa!
- Need the perfect picnic or party dip? Look no further than this avocado salsa verde recipe – your low-carb tribe will love you!
- Avocados are healthy, creamy and have a slight nutty flavor. They take this salsa recipe to the next level of delicious!
- Avocado salsa is a multi-purpose dish. It’s perfect served as a dip, a topping, or even as a garnish!
- This avocado with salsa recipe is so easy to make and can be ready in minutes.
Ingredients and Variations
Avocados – Look for firm, heavy avocados, or use frozen halves after they’ve been thawed.
Tomatoes – Roma tomatoes are sweet, dense and contain less juice, making them perfect for salsa. If Romas are not available, any variety will work. Even a can of drained diced tomatoes is delicious in a pinch. Why not choose Rotel tomatoes with diced chiles in them and save a step!
Seasonings – Lime juice adds a citrusy bite and keeps avocados from oxidizing (turning brown). Pineapple juice also works well and adds a sweet touch (careful of the sugar content if following strict keto). Besides cumin and cilantro, use this all-purpose southwest seasoning blend in everything from salsa to tacos! Or use taco seasoning which allows you to customize the ingredients for mild or spicy flavors in your recipes.
Add-Ins – For bulk and pops of color, toss in some black beans, corn kernels, or diced mango but sparingly since they aren’t strict keto. Increase the protein with some chia seeds, bacon bits, or bay shrimp. Or feel free to add other tasty add-ins like sliced black olives, jalapenos, and green chiles.
How to Make Avocado Salsa
- Toss diced avocados with lime juice and then gently stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Serve immediately or cover and chill until ready to serve.
Recipe Tips & Tricks
- Be sure to cut the avocados and tomatoes to uniform sizes so you get a little of both in each bite!
- Red onions not only add a sweet tangy flavor and some color to avocado salsa, but they will naturally keep avocados from turning brown due to their sulfur content.
- Since this recipe is so easy to make, it’s best to prepare it within an hour of serving when all of the ingredients are fresh. If making the day before, drain the salsa before serving and adjust the seasonings.
How to Serve Avocado Salsa
Use avocado salsa to top grilled or baked chicken breast, and an air fryer salmon filet. Delicious on taco lettuce wraps, shredded pork tacos, or grilled fish tacos. Use as a garnish for a Denver omelet or even deviled eggs.
Avocado Salsa Recipe
- 2 large avocados or 4 small
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ red onion diced
- ¼ cup Roma tomatoes diced
- 3 Tablespoons cilantro chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix avocado and lime juice together. Prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Serve immediately and store leftovers in an air tight container.
- Use perfectly ripe avocados for ideal texture and flavor.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice for a tangy kick and to prevent browning.
- Adjust spice by adding or removing chili peppers.
- Experiment with ingredients like pineapple or roasted corn for added sweetness or smokiness.
- Refrigerate avocado salsa covered for up to 4 days.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.