Your Sunday dinner side dish just got a lot more exciting with this easy recipe for bacon wrapped green beans.
Tender-crisp green bean bundles are wrapped with crispy bacon and infused with smoky, savory flavor.
This healthy keto dish will elevate any meal, making it extra special!
Easy Green Bean Bundles
- Reach for this easy recipe, using fresh green beans and bacon, for a dish that will entice kids to eat their veggies!
- This keto dish has a perfect balance of meat and veg for a satisfying side dish or appetizer.
- Just two ingredients are all you need to make this simple, yet stunning dish!
- Green bean bundles are perfect to make ahead for easy entertaining.
Two Ingredient Recipe!
Green Beans – Look for whole, crispy-fresh green beans free of spots that break with a snap. French green beans are longer and thinner and are the best for bacon wrapped bundles.
Bacon – Thinly sliced bacon is best for this recipe. Any kind of smoked variety will work.
Variations – Try sprinkling a few of your green bean bundles with low carb brown sugar during the final minutes of baking for a mouthwatering sweet-salty combo. Try it with asparagus instead of beans. For an extra dose of rich flavor, drizzle with creamy cheese sauce or dip in ranch dressing or even cranberry sauce.
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Green Beans
- Lightly cook bacon, but do not crisp. Reserve a tablespoon of the drippings.
- Par-boil the green beans until they turn bright green and are tender and crisp.
- Drain and quickly cool the beans in ice water and pat dry (as per the recipe below).
- Toss beans with bacon fat, then wrap the bacon around bundles of about 5-7 green beans and secure with a toothpick.
- Bake until bacon is crisp and beans are tender.
Our Best Tips & Tricks
- Rapidly cooling the beans in ice water is important to stop the cooking process.
- Pat the beans dry so the bacon fat will stick.
- Bacon should be only lightly cooked so it will be easy to wrap. It will finish crisping up in the oven.
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight bag or container, and reheat portions in the oven, air fryer or microwave.
- Freeze the bundles when they are assembled but before the final baking step. Store in a zippered freezer bag. Bake in a preheated 375°F oven as the recipe directs, adding extra time if necessary.
Did you make this recipe for Bacon Wrapped Green Beans? Be sure to leave a comment and rating below!
Bacon Wrapped Green Beans
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 pound green beans
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375℉. Line a rimmed baking pan with parchment.
- In a large pan, cook bacon over medium-high heat until lightly cooked (but not crispy), about 3 minutes per side. Reserve 1 tablespoon of bacon grease.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Wash and trim ends of green beans. Add to boiling water and cook for 2-3 minutes until tender crisp. Move to an ice water bath.
- Dab beans dry and toss with 1 tablespoon bacon grease, salt and pepper. to taste.
- Cut bacon slices in half and wrap around bundles of 5-7 green beans. Secure bacon with a toothpick and place on baking pan.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes until bacon is crisp and beans are tender.
- Be sure to cool the beans in ice water to stop the cooking process and keep beans tender-crisp.
- Dry the green beans so that the bacon fat will stick.
- Lightly cook the bacon so it can be wrapped. It will get crispy in the oven.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.