Homemade keto cranberry sauce is so easy to make at home, especially with this 4-ingredient recipe!
Whole cranberries are simmered into a thick sauce seasoned with a sweetener, a cinnamon stick, and fresh orange zest. It’s that easy! Cranberry sauce is a must for Thanksgiving, but usually, it’s too carb-heavy for anyone on a keto diet. Now anyone can enjoy some tangy and delicious homemade cranberry sauce.
Easy Sugar Free Cranberry Sauce!
- 4 ingredients and one step mean fresh cranberry sauce can be made in minutes! Why not cook up two batches and have plenty left over?
- Sugar free cranberry sauce is a low-carb bonus during the holiday season! Better yet, make it up to 4 months in advance and it’s ready to use during the busy holiday season.
- Keto cranberry sauce can be used as a traditional sauce, a sandwich spread, top a dessert, or mix into cream cheese for a festive dip.
4 Simple Ingredients
CRANBERRIES: Fresh or frozen berries can be used. Since cranberries are seasonal, stock up and freeze bags to use all year round. No need to thaw cranberries before using.
SWEETENER: For this recipe, we used Swerve, but any sugar-free sweetener can be used. Simply check the ratios for using the right amount.
SPICES: A cinnamon stick infuses its flavor into the jelly as it’s simmering. Other seasonings to use are pumpkin pie spice or apple pie spice.
CITRUS: Fresh orange zest offsets the sweetener and enhances the tart flavor of the cranberries. The lemon zest will also work as will a splash of orange or lemon juice.
How to Make Keto Cranberry Sauce
- Cook all ingredients in a medium saucepan uncovered until thickened (cranberries will start to pop).
- Remove the cinnamon stick and allow the sauce to come to room temperature before storing it in the refrigerator (as per the recipe below).
- Cook keto cranberry sauce over medium heat so the sauce will cook gently and thicken slowly.
- A higher heat will cause the sauce to boil over and scorch, requiring you to start all over again.
- Serve it all year long as a low carb topping with turkey burgers, as a dip for chicken meatballs, and as a condiment for pork tenderloin.
Keep leftover keto cranberry sauce in the refrigerator for up to 7 days. Freeze in zippered bags for up to 4 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator. Use it as a topping on vanilla ice cream, or use it as a topping on these keto chocolate cupcakes.
Recipes To Use Cranberry Sauce!
- Ground Turkey Meatball Recipe – with cranberry sauce for a festive appetizer
- Keto Stuffing – perfect side to serve with cranberry sauce
- Crispy Pork Bites – delicious with cranberry sauce to dip into.
- Air Fryer Chicken Breasts – so tender
Keto Cranberry Sauce
- 12 ounces cranberries fresh or frozen, about 3 cups
- ⅔ cup sweetener such as Swerve
- ½ cup water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Place all ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat for 10-12 minutes uncovered, stirring occasionally. Remove the cinnamon stick and discard.
- Cool to room temperature and then refrigerate until chilled. The sauce will thicken as it cools.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Keto Cranberry Sauce Recipe
Hi can you use dried cranberries. thank you
I haven’t tried it so I can’t say for sure Sue, but it may work. If you try it I would love to hear how it turns out!