Smashed Brussels sprouts are crispy, cheesy little bites of deliciousness!
Make this uber-easy recipe and serve it as a side dish or appetizer using only 3 ingredients and a dash of salt and pepper.
Easy & Delish Side!
- Smashed Brussels sprouts have simple ingredients like olive oil and parmesan cheese, for a savory flavor that goes with anything, like these air fryer pork chops or lemon garlic chicken!
- Brussels sprouts are perfectly low-carb and keto-friendly. Plus they are a great source of nutrition and are available year-round. Prepare them in dozens of ways!
- Make this delish dish up to a day in advance and reheat it under the broiler or in the air fryer!
Ingredients And Variations
Brussels Sprouts – Choose Brussel sprouts that are roughly the same size and are heavy and whole. Remove any torn or discolored leaves. For an extra pop of low-carb color, roast bite-sized pieces of cauliflower with Brussels sprouts!
Seasoning – A little olive oil helps the parmesan cheese roast onto the sprouts giving them that crispy texture. Or try using leftover bacon grease to give them a smoky flavor! Use a simple garlic herb seasoning, or a zesty taco seasoning for a twist.
How To Make Smashed Brussels Sprouts
- Boil prepared Brussel sprouts in water and drain well.
- Toss sprouts with the remaining ingredients and spread them in a roasting pan.
- Flatten the Brussels sprouts with the bottom of a glass and sprinkle with the remaining parmesan cheese.
- Bake (per the recipe below).
Recipe Tips & Tricks!
Keep leftover smashed Brussel sprouts in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat under the broiler or in an air fryer. To freeze leftovers, place them in a zippered bag in the freezer for up to four weeks.
Delicious Roasted Vegetables
Smashed Brussels Sprouts
- 1 ½ pounds brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup parmesan cheese shredded, divided
- ½ teaspoon salt or more to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper or more to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Wash Brussels sprouts and trim ends. Cut in half if they are large. Add to pot and boil for 8-10 minutes until bright green and tender all the way through. Drain well.
- In a bowl, toss boiled Brussels sprouts with olive oil, ¼ cup of parmesan cheese and salt and pepper. Spread evenly onto a roasting pan.
- Use a glass or ramekin to flatten the Brussels sprouts. Sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese is golden.
- Leftover smashed Brussels sprouts will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Recrisp them under the broiler or in an air fryer.
- Freeze in a freezer bag for up to 4 weeks and thaw in the refrigerator before reheating.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.