Keto has never tasted so good with this low-carb egg roll bowl recipe!
Egg roll bowls are a one-dish delish dinner that everyone will ask for again and again!
Seasoned ground meat and broccoli slaw are sauteed in a ginger soy sriracha sauce then topped with green onions and sesame seeds for a tasty meal in no time!
Best Egg Roll Bowls!
- This recipe for egg roll in a bowl is ready in minutes! With no egg roll wrappers or oil to manage, this colorful and crunchy dish is also lower in calories than regular egg rolls!
- Healthy and easy to make in one pot, egg roll bowls are as much fun to make as they are to eat!
- Kids and adults alike will love egg roll bowls filled with healthy, fiber-filled veggies and protein such as chicken or pork!
Recipe For Egg Roll Bowls
Egg roll bowls only need a few basic ingredients, but there are so many ways to customize this recipe, it can be new every time you make it!
Meat – Ground chicken, beef, or pork sausage are the most common choices for egg roll bowls, but low-carb friendly shrimp, tofu, and even scrambled eggs can be used!
Veggies: Broccoli slaw is loaded with vitamins and nutrients but shredded cabbage, celery, broccoli, and cauliflower florets, green beans, mushrooms, and zucchini are also great low-carb choices. Look for a low-carb veggie medley in the frozen section to cut down on prep and save time.
Sauce – Choose lower-sodium soy sauce or use amino or coconut acids which are naturally low in sodium. Go for freshly minced garlic and ginger for the best flavor, otherwise, use ground spices. Choose your spice preference and add more or less sriracha, or leave it out and sprinkle in a few pepper flakes for minimal heat.
Toppings – Sliced green onions, sesame seeds, and even chopped peanuts are all low-carb and really add an authentic look and flavor to egg roll bowls!
How to Make Egg Roll Bowls
Who doesn’t love a one-pot meal? This recipe is ready in minutes!
- Brown your choice of meat with garlic, onion, and ginger. Drain fat.
- Stir in broccoli slaw and cook another 5 minutes. Whisk the soy sauce, sriracha, and sesame oil together and add to the meat and broccoli slaw.
- Cook another 3-5 minutes and garnish with green onions and sesame seeds before serving.
What to Serve with Egg Roll in a Bowl
Egg roll bowls make a hearty dinner or an energizing school or workday lunch enjoyed hot or cold!
Serve egg roll bowls as is or over zoodles, or cauliflower fried rice. Scoop them into lettuce wraps or low-carb wraps for a healthy, portable meal or add egg roll bowls to bone broth and make a comforting soup!
Keep the leftover egg roll bowl in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave, and refresh it with a dash of soy sauce or sriracha. Freeze portions in zippered bags for up to a month.
Egg Roll Bowl Recipe
- 1 pound ground pork or chicken
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger
- ½ onion diced
- 10 ounces broccoli slaw
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- 1 green onion sliced
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds toasted
- Brown ground meat, garlic, ginger and onion until no pink remains. Drain any fat.
- Stir in broccoli slaw and cook 5 minutes.
- Whisk soy sauce, sriracha, pepper and sesame oil until smooth. Add to broccoli and cook an additional 3-5 minutes or until tender.
- Top with green onion and sesame seeds.
- Refrigerate leftovers, stored in an airtight container, for up to 3 days. Freeze portions in zippered bags for up to a month.
- Reheat leftovers in the microwave.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.