For an easy snack or lunch, make a batch of salt and pepper chicken wings in the air fryer!
Seasoned with basic pantry staples and drizzled with melted butter, these wings have a crispy skin and juicy meat, with just the right amount of garlicky, peppery kick.
These no fuss air fryer wings are the best remedy for quick after school or late night snack attacks!
The Best Chicken Wings!
- If you have wings, then you probably have everything else you need to make this simple recipe. Seasoned salt, garlic powder, and butter combine to create a savory, satisfying flavor.
- Low carb wings cooked in the air fryer means no fuss, easy clean up, less mess, and fewer calories than the deep fat fried version. What’s not to like?
- Salt and pepper wings have a milder flavor than buffalo wings for kids and those who can’t handle spicy food. Yet you’ll be amazed at how black pepper lends just the right amount of heat without overpowering so everyone can enjoy them!
- Versatile cooking! For singles or two, the air fryer is the ticket, but this recipe works just as well in the oven for large crowds!
Ingredients and Variations
Wings – For the juiciest wings, buy fresh or frozen wings. Boneless skinless wings are also an option for those who want less fat.
Seasonings – Let your creativity shine here! Add dried herb mixes to your seasoning, such as Italian, garlic and herb or this aromatic homemade poultry seasoning, For a touch of heat, break out the DIY taco, fajita, or Southwest spice blends.
How to Make Salt And Pepper Wings
From prep to cleanup, this recipe is easy breezy in the air fryer!
- Pat wings dry (especially if they’ve been thawed from frozen) and toss with olive oil, garlic and seasoned salt, (per recipe below).
- Arrange in a single layer in the air fryer basket, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Shake and turn the wings and cook another 6 minutes.
- Toss with melted butter, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
In The Oven
To get crispy wings modify the recipe as follows:
- Pat dry and toss the wings with a teaspoon of baking powder added to the salt and garlic.(See recipe below.)
- Place in a single layer in the refrigerator uncovered for up to 4 hours to dry.
- Toss with olive oil and arrange on a rack with a baker tray underneath.
- Bake for up to 40 minutes, turning the wings halfway through.
- Finish under the broiler for a few minutes, then toss with melted butter, salt and pepper.
- Serve hot with celery sticks and blue cheese or ranch dressing for dipping.
Chicken Wing Tips!
- For the crispiest wings, be sure to preheat the air fryer and do not crowd the basket.
- If you still can’t get the wings to crisp to your liking, try starting at a lower temperature for the fat to start melting, then increase to the recommended setting.
- For extra flavor, try lightly browning the melted butter before adding to the wings.
Serving and Storing Chicken Wings
- Wings are made for dipping! Try some of these tasty low-carb options, such as tangy Dijon sauce, or creamy spinach or dill dip.
- Fill out your snack tray with other keto favs, like these savory mozzarella cheese crisps and add more chicken wing fun with these salt and vinegar flavored wings!
- Store leftover wings in the refrigerator for 3-4 days or up to 6 months in the freezer.
- Re-crisp under the broiler for a couple minutes per side, or in the air fryer by preheating it to 350°F and cooking 2-3 minutes per side.
Did you make this recipe for Salt & Pepper Chicken Wings? Be sure to leave a comment and rating below!
Salt & Pepper Chicken Wings
- 1 pound chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Pat the chicken wings dry with a paper towel and toss with olive oil, garlic powder, and seasoned salt.
- Place in a single layer in the air fryer basket and cook for 10 minutes.
- Shake the basket and cook for an additiona 6 to 8 minutes or until crispy.
- Add the wings to a large bowl and drizzle with melted butter. Toss well to coat.
- Sprinkle the wings with salt and pepper and serve hot with fresh celery and blue cheese dressing for dipping.
- To bake in the oven, toss the wings with 1 teaspoon of baking powder, garlic powder, and seasoned salt.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes (or up to 4 hours) uncovered.
- Toss the wings with olive oil and place on a rack that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Cook in a 425°F oven for 20 minutes, flip, and bake an additional 20 minutes.
- Broil for a few minutes to crisp.
- Toss with melted butter, kosher salt, and pepper.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.