This air fryer salt and vinegar wings recipe makes the most delicious chicken wings every time!
Tart and salty, with an extra crispy skin, the air fryer makes wings juicy and flavorful.
Make this quick and easy air fried appetizer for game day gatherings and watch them disappear.
A Favorite Wing Flavor
- It’s not a party until the wings are served and when you air fry them, they’re ready in minutes with minimal mess and cleanup!
- Popular at Buffalo Wild Wings, this copycat recipe using the air fryer delivers low-carb salt & vinegar wings that are ready for snacking anytime!
- Make in batches and keep them warm in the oven when everyone’s over for the big game. Pop them back into the air fryer to re-crisp before serving!
Easy Ingredients and Variations
Chicken – This recipe allows for the use of wings, flats, or drumettes. Frozen wings can be used, simply add 5-7 minutes to the cooking time.
Seasonings – These wings are flavored simply for a burst of salt and vinegar flavor, but feel free to add a dash of your favorite chicken rub, if you like.
How to Make Salt and Vinegar Wings
This air fryer chicken wings recipe makes perfectly crispy wings every time!
- Add wing sauce ingredients to a saucepan and simmer until reduced by half, as described in the recipe below.
- Toss wings with oil and seasonings.
- Cook wings in a single layer in the air fryer until crispy.
- Toss cooked wings in vinegar sauce and season with salt before serving.
- Keep leftover salt and vinegar chicken wings in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Enjoy them cold or pop them back in the air fryer to reheat them.
Tasty Low Carb Appetizers
Did you love this recipe for Salt and Vinegar Wings? Be sure to leave a comment and rating below!
Salt and Vinegar Wings
- 1 pound chicken wings flats & drumettes
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar , divided
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt , divided
- ½ teaspoon black pepper , divided
- 2 tablespoons cold butter , cut in small cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a small skillet, combine white vinegar, 1 tablespoon cider vinegar, garlic powder, and ¼ teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
- Simmer over medium heat for 2 minutes or until the mixture is reduced by half. Turn off the heat and gradually add the butter while whisking until thickened.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
- Pat wings dry and toss with olive oil and ¼ teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
- Place the seasoned wings in the air fryer basket in a single layer and cook for 18-20 minutes until crispy.
- Remove the wings from the air fryer and toss them with vinegar sauce and remaining tablespoon of cider vinegar. Season with additional salt to taste.
- Leftovers will keep in the refrigerator for up to four days.
- Reheat in the air fryer for 2-3 minutes.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Recipe modified slightly from SpendWithPennies