The party isn’t started until the bacon-wrapped jalapenos are served!
Fresh jalapeno halves are delicious when stuffed with cheddar cream cheese, wrapped in smoky bacon!
These tasty appetizers can be oven-baked, grilled, or air fried to spicy and smoky perfection.
Creamy and Savory Appetizer!
- Make bacon-wrapped jalapenos with only 5 ingredients and four steps using three different cooking methods!
- Bacon-wrapped jalapeno poppers are a low-carb recipe that’s loaded with creamy, cheesy flavors!
- Game day bacon-wrapped stuffed jalapenos can be assembled up to a day ahead, kept chilled, and baked when ready!
5 Ingredient Recipe!
Jalapenos – Choose peppers that are fresh and whole. Smaller, colorful sweet baby red & yellow peppers can be prepared alongside poppers for those who don’t like spicy flavors. Be sure to remove the seeds and membranes (unless you like an extra hot popper)!
Cheesy Filling – Cream cheese and cheddar are a perfect match! Switch out the cream cheese for small blue cheese crumbles, a Mexican cheese blend, or a combination of cheeses!
Bacon – Thin-sliced bacon works best because it wraps well around the poppers. Try other bacon varieties like maple, hickory, or black pepper. Use leftover bacon to wrap chicken tenders or little smokies and bake everything at the same time! Short on time? Don’t wrap the poppers! Simply top the cream cheese with bacon bits!
Jalapeno Popper Variations
Make ‘em meaty and mix in leftover shredded chicken, cooked ground sausage, or ground beef with the cream cheese. Add extra spice like some homemade fajita seasoning, southwest seasoning, or keto taco seasoning, and bring the heat by mixing some of the seeds into the cream cheese, or add extra minced jalapeno. Whisk in a little buffalo sauce, hot sauce, or salsa verde too!
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos
- Prep the jalapeno peppers (as per the recipe below).
- Combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and garlic powder in a small bowl.
- Spoon cream cheese filling into each popper half, wrap with a slice of bacon, and secure with a toothpick.
- Bake until bacon is crispy and jalapenos are tender about 20-25 minutes.
On the Grill:
- Grill assembled jalapeno poppers cut side down and cook for about 6 minutes on medium-low heat.
- When the bacon gets crisp, flip them over and grill until the bacon is cooked and the cheese is melted.
In the Air Fryer:
- Place assembled jalapeno poppers in a single layer in an air fryer preheated to 400°F.
- Cook until the bacon is crispy and the cheese is browned, about 10-15 minutes.
Jalapeno Popper Tips!
- Be sure to wear plastic gloves when prepping the jalapenos, this is an important step!
- Cream cheese at room temperature will blend faster and smoother with the cheese and any optional add-ins.
- Try using an electric mixer to make an extra fluffy filling. Then scoop the filling into a small sandwich bag and snip off one corner to pipe the filling into each half for easy assembly and cleanup.
What To Do With Leftover Poppers
Keep leftover bacon-wrapped jalapeno poppers in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to a week. Enjoy them cold or pop them in the microwave to reheat! Last minute guests? Prep a couple of batches and freeze them for up to 3 months. Bake from frozen and serve!
Have you tried this recipe for Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos? Leave a comment and rating below!
Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos
- 6 whole jalapeno peppers
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 slices bacon
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Cut each jalapeno in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to scrape out the seeds.
- In a small bowl stir together cream cheese, shredded cheese, and garlic powder.
- Fill each jalapeno half with cream cheese mixture and wrap with bacon. Secure with a toothpick.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until bacon is crispy and peppers are tender.
- Try them on the grill:
- In the Air Fryer:
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.