Air Fryer Brats With Peppers And Onions are cooked to perfection using this easy recipe!
Little time and even less effort is needed for this simple recipe! Bratwurst cooked in the air fryer come out juicy and delicious, while the onions become caramelized and the peppers perfectly tender. Make this easy summer recipe all year long! If an air fryer isn’t available, why not use the grill or even the stovetop for a tasty meal in no time at all!
Simple Summer Meal
- Make brats and healthy veggies taste like they just came off the grill with minimal prep and clean-up!
- There are multiple ways to make brats! No air fryer? Try cooking these in the oven, stovetop, or grill!
- Cook batches and serve from the Crock-Pot when the big game is on or a party is underway!
- Brats with peppers & onions are a delicious way to go low-carb, just skip the bun!
Ingredients and Variations
SAUSAGES: Bratwursts have robust garlic, clove, and caraway seasonings and are fattier than other sausages so they ‘burst’ when you bite them.
Check the label to see if you are buying uncooked or pre-cooked. Similar sausages to use are Italian sausage, beer brats, and Polska Kielbasa (kielbasa is almost always pre-cooked).
VEGETABLES: Green, red, yellow, or orange bell peppers add color, texture, and flavor to this recipe – mix it up! Red, yellow, or white onions are interchangeable here.
Other veggies to add are whole mushrooms, chunks of zucchini, and thinly sliced carrots.
How to Air Fry Brats with Peppers and Onions
Air fryer brats are super easy to fry up, but scroll below to find other ways to make them, too!
- Place the brats in a single layer in the air fryer and arrange the seasoned and oiled peppers and onions around them.
- Cook until the brats reach an internal temp of 165°F and the veggies are tender and caramelized, (per recipe below).
In the Oven:
Bake brats with prepared peppers and onions at 400°F for about 30 – 35 minutes until the brats reach an internal temp of 165°F and the veggies are tender.
On the Stovetop:
- Cook brats in a skillet on medium-high until browned on the outside.
- Add ½ cup of water (or broth) and prepared peppers and onions.
- Lower heat to medium-low and cook until brats reach an internal temp of 165°F and the veggies are tender.
On the Grill:
- Grill brats on medium-high until they are browned on all sides.
- Place brats in a grill basket with prepared peppers and onions and cook until the veggies are tender and brats are at an internal temp of 165°F.
How to Serve Brats
Serve brats and peppers on their own with spicy mustard or sauerkraut. Why not add a grilled vegetable salad, a hearty cauliflower potato salad or a side of these easy zucchini fries. The options are endless with a recipe so full of flavor!
- Keep leftover air fryer bratwurst with peppers covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat in a skillet with a little water or broth.
- Chop up leftovers and use them in a stir fry or make a lettuce wrap.
- Freeze portions in zippered bags for up to 4 weeks. Thaw in the refrigerator and reheat as directed above.
Other Delicious Recipes!
- Air Fryer Salmon Recipe – only 5 minute prep!
- Air Fryer Roast Chicken – just so juicy and delicious
- Chicken Thighs In The Air Fryer – perfectly crisp skin
- Air Fryer Chicken Breasts – so quick and easy
Air Fryer Brats With Peppers And Onions
- 1 pound uncooked bratwurst
- 1 bell pepper any color sliced
- ½ medium onion sliced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the air fryer to 360°F.
- Toss onion (optional) and bell pepper with olive oil. Season to taste with salt & pepper.
- Place the brats in a single layer in the air fryer.
- Arrange the peppers and onions (if used) around the brats.
- Cook for 8 minutes. Flip the brats over and cook an additional 5-7 minutes or until cooked through and the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Cook brats until they reach and internal temperature of 165°F.
- Refrigerate leftovers in a covered container for up to 4 days, and freeze in a zippered bag for up to 4 weeks.
- Add leftovers to other recipes
- Thaw and reheat in the air fryer, in the oven or on the stovetop.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Air Fryer Brats with Peppers and Onions