Easy Hard Boiled Eggs are perfect on their own or added as a base to so many different recipes!
There are lots of ways to make hard boiled eggs, but this is the most foolproof. In fact, you’ll get ‘eggcellent’ results every time! Perfect easy peel hard-boiled eggs are ready in minutes and this method makes eggs that are ready for single snacking or ready to add to a salad or other dish! Enjoy them for breakfast, lunch, or added to a dinnertime chef’s salad.
Easy Hard Boiled Eggs
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your BREAKFAST Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Perfect Easy Peel Hard Boiled Eggs
- Easy to boil and easy to peel, the trick to perfect eggs is to stop the cook process. The best way to do this is to immerse boiled eggs in a cold water ice bath until they are ready to peel. Easy peasy!
- Eggs are a powerhouse of nutrition and a perfectly portable snack for on-the-go, low-carb lovers! Add them to classic (and twists on classics!) egg recipes like Keto Deviled Eggs, BLT Egg Salad Wrap, Deviled Ham & Egg Salad and Keto Egg Salad.
- Hard boiled eggs are great for breakfast or lunch, but are delicious any time of day. Serve up a low carb appetizer platter with Avocado Deviled Eggs, some Zucchini Pizza Bites, Mozzarella Cheese Crisps and some Zucchini Fries on game day or at the next party.
How to Cook the Perfect Hard-Boiled Egg
Different sized eggs will cook at different rates. This method is for large eggs, so adjust cook times as needed.
On the Stove Top:
- Cover eggs ½” with water in a saucepan, bring to a boil.
- Remove pan from heat and cover. Let the eggs stand about 15 to 17 minutes.
- Transfer eggs to an ice bath or simply run cold water over the eggs in the pot. Use as desired.
- Hard (solid egg yolks) boil for 15 – 17 minutes.
- Medium eggs, boil for 12-14 minutes.
- Soft eggs, boil for 10 to 12 minutes.
In the Instant Pot:
- This 5-5-5 method guarantees perfect hard-boiled eggs every time!
- Put one cup of water in Instant Pot. Place eggs on a trivet or egg basket.
- Select “Manual” setting, “High Pressure”. Seal the lid and select 5 minutes cook time.
- Do not release the pressure and allow the pressure to natural release for 5 minutes.
- Release pressure and transfer eggs to an ice bath and cool for at least 5 minutes.
In the Air Fryer:
- Preheat air fryer to 250°F, and place eggs in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Cook 16-18 minutes (for hard cooked eggs) and then transfer to an ice bath.
An Easy Way to Peel Hard Boiled Eggs
The best way to remove the shells from hard-boiled eggs is to gently tap them on a hard surface, and press on the cracks until you can slide the shell off. Rinse in cold water or under cold running water to remove all the pieces of egg shell.
Storing Hard-Boiled Eggs
Keep cooked eggs in a bowl in the refrigerator up to 7 days. Avoid freezing them because they become tough when thawed.
Other Easy Breakfast Ideas!
- Bacon Egg Muffins (Keto) – a quick breakfast.
- Sausage Egg Casserole – perfect for guests.
- Cheesy Chorizo Frittata – spicy and delicious.
- Basic Chaffle Recipe – a delicious low carb option.
Easy Hard Boiled Eggs
- 6 large eggs
- Place eggs in a pot. Cover with water until it reaches ½″ above the eggs.
- Over high heat, bring water to a heavy boil. Cover and remove from heat.
- Keep covered for 10-12 minutes for small eggs, or 15-17 minutes for large eggs.
- Remove eggs and place in a bowl of ice water. Or run under cold water for 5 minutes to stop eggs from cooking.
- Peel and enjoy!
REPIN this recipe for Hard Boiled Eggs!