Baked Chicken Meatballs are super juicy and perfect to use in a main dish or as a tasty appetizer!
These ground chicken meatballs are hearty, healthy, and oh so good! Made with simple low carb ingredients like ground chicken, Italian seasonings, almond flour, an egg, and just a pinch of parmesan cheese, these meatballs will satisfy any hungry appetite.
Baked Chicken Meatballs
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your MAIN DISH Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Ground Chicken Meatballs
- Meatballs are the ideal low-carb main dish or appetizer. Serve them in a crockpot with teriyaki sauce, marinara, a creamy homemade Alfredo, or a cheesy keto sauce.
- Use these keto chicken meatballs in any recipe that calls for beef or pork.
- Make batches of meatballs in advance and freeze them raw or cooked for future recipes.
- Add to low carb soups like Low Carb Chicken Soup With Lemon, make low-carb spaghetti with zoodles, or these Asian wraps.
- Super-versatile seasonings like this Southwest Seasoning or a spicier Keto Taco Seasoning work well as substitutes for the Italian seasoning.
Ingredients & Variations
MEAT: Ground chicken is super healthy and has fewer calories than beef or pork. Turkey is also a great choice! For extra juicy meatballs, use a 1:1 ratio of ground chicken and pork.
BINDER: An egg and almond flour hold all the ingredients together perfectly! Coconut flour and crushed pork rinds will also do.
CHEESE: Parmesan cheese is a dry cheese that helps bind the meatballs together and adds a tangy flavor.
How to Make Chicken Meatballs
All these meatballs need is a little added seasoning, form them into balls and bake!
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and shape them into meatballs.
- Bake until cooked through (as per the recipe below).
- Let them rest about 5 minutes before serving.
What to Serve with Chicken Meatballs?
Chicken meatballs are delicious served as a main meat dish with some Cauliflower Fried Rice, Sautéed Asparagus and Mushrooms, and a Greek Salad. These tasty morsels definitely complete this colorful and flavorful meal.
Recipe Tips & Tricks!
Meatballs continue to cook when removed from the oven. They should be at an internal temperature of 165°F at the center. To make meatballs ahead, freeze uncooked meatballs on a baking sheet and then transfer them to a zippered bag for up to 2 months. Baked and cooled meatballs can be frozen for up to 4 months. Keep leftovers in the refrigerator and use them within 5 days, reheat in the microwave and use as desired.
Other Delish Chicken Recipes!
- Baked Crack Chicken – quick 20 minute prep.
- Skillet Chicken and Mushrooms – easy and cheesy.
- Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu – a classic made low carb.
- Creamy Dijon Chicken Breasts – such delicious flavor.
Baked Chicken Meatballs
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 Tablespoons almond flour
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine all meatball ingredients in a large bowl and roll into 24 small meatballs.
- Place on an unlined baking sheet and bake for 18-20 minutes or until cooked through
- Serve with marinara sauce if desired.
- Be sure all chicken based products are cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F at the center.
- Freeze uncooked meatballs on a baking sheet. Once frozen, transfer to a zippered bag or sealed container. Use up frozen meatballs within 2 months.
- Freeze cooked and cooled meatballs in the same manner as above for up to 4 months.
- Refrigerate cooked leftover meatballs in a covered container for up to 5 days
- Reheat meatballs covered in the oven or in the microwave. Or use in a variety of recipes, thawed or frozen.
REPIN this Baked Chicken Meatballs recipe!