Check out this bright, colorful and totally delicious BLT Chicken Salad recipe!
This recipe for a low-carb chicken salad is a keto lover’s dream! It’s loaded with veggies, tender chicken, crisp bacon, avocado and feta, then topped with a creamy homemade dressing. Simple to make, yet delicious recipes like this one make healthy eating a cinch!
BLT Chicken Salad
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your SALADS Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Low Carb Chicken Salad
Is chicken salad keto? You bet it is! Protein salads are the perfect combination of meat, veggies, fruits, nuts, or seeds in a filling, one-bowl wonder! Our BLT Chicken Salad recipe is a healthy, low-carb, complete entrée! It’s perfect after a busy day with a glass of slimming detox water. Or have it as an energizing desktop lunch that will keep you filled until dinner!
What Goes In Chicken Salad?
PROTEIN – Crispy bacon and spicy seasoned Cajun chicken strips are the delicious protein base for this yummy dish. The addition of tangy feta cheese just makes it better!
VEGETABLES – Lettuce, tomatoes, all the things BLT’s are famous for are in this delightfully crunchy salad, and we also added some healthy avocado fats.
VARIATIONS -Stir a little dressing into sour cream and serve as a dip with celery, cucumbers, zucchini, mushrooms, and zucchini- all keto-friendly! Feel free to top a pre-bagged Caesar salad with the Cajun seasoned chicken for another super quick salad entrée! Add some sunflower seeds or pepitas for some extra B-vitamins and crunch!
How to Make Chicken Salad at Home
BLT Chicken Salad is so easy to prepare, but the results are a lunch or dinner that everyone will love, whether low carb dieters or not!
- Whisk dressing ingredients and chill in the refrigerator.
- Cut chicken breasts in half cross-wise & toss with dressing, then coat with Cajun seasoning.
- Cook chicken per recipe instructions below, until the chicken is golden brown on the outside. Cool & slice into strips.
- Toss veggies with remaining dressing. Add bacon & feta. Arrange chicken strips on top and serve.
Recipe Tips and Tricks!
- Short on time? Use pre-made bacon bits and pre-washed and sorted bagged salad.
- How long does chicken salad last? It will keep for a couple of days, assembled, but before any dressing is added. Once the dressing is applied, you will want to eat it all up – which shouldn’t be a problem since its so delicious!
- It’s best to dress with fresh vinaigrette just before serving, on top of fresh lettuce or wrapped into lettuce leaves.
Other Easy Salad Recipes!
- Buffalo Chicken Salad – so full of flavor!
- BLT Egg Salad Wrap – another tasty BLT recipe.
- Cheeseburger Salad – family favorite!
- Keto Egg Salad (Low Carb) – a classic made low carb.
BLT Chicken Salad
- 2 chicken breasts skinless and boneless
- 1 head romaine lettuce washed, dried and chopped
- ½ lb bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes sliced
- 1 Tablespoon cajun seasoning
- ½ cup feta cheese or blue cheese
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1 avocado
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon swerve sweetener
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- Place dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Cut chicken breasts in half cross-wise (so you have four thin pieces). Toss chicken with 1 Tablespoon of prepared dressing. Season with cajun seasoning.
- Preheat skillet to medium high heat and add chicken. Cook 3-4 minutes per side or until golden and cooked through (chicken should reach 165°F). Set chicken aside to cool slightly.
- Toss lettuce, tomatoes and green onions with the remaining dressing. Sprinkle with bacon and feta.
- Slice chicken breasts into strips and set on top the salad. Serve immediately.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.