Light as a feather and melt-in-your-mouth delicious, these Sugar Free Meringues are the low-carb sweet treat you didn’t know you needed!
There is no doubt, this is a winning recipe! Keto-approved egg whites, Swerve, some cream of tartar, and a dash of vanilla are all it takes to make these delightful little pops of sweetness!
Sugar Free Meringues
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your DESSERTS Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Easy Meringue Recipe
- So sweet and tasty, no one will guess they’re low carb. Carry a few or a lot and satisfy that snack attack even on the go.
- Any time a sugar craving hits, reach for this easy, sugar-free meringue recipe. Bake a batch or two for a quick snack with a cup of Keto Bulletproof Coffee, or use them to garnish sweet and satisfying Keto Chocolate Mousse.
Ingredients and Variations
FLAVORINGS – Chocolate meringues can be made by adding a little cocoa powder into the egg whites. Orange or lemon extract can be added to the meringue mixture (and garnished with orange or lemon zest!) Unsweetened, flaked coconut can be added to the mixture or sprinkled on top for a sugar-free, keto-style macaroon!
SWEETENER – Swerve is the gold standard for low-carb sweeteners. Monk fruit and inulin are two alternatives that can be used, however, the amounts might have to be adjusted to taste.
How To Make Sugar Free Meringue
Who says cookies can’t be low carb? All it takes is a few simple ingredients to make basic sugar-free meringues and then some simple flavorings added to make them into a new recipe every time!
- Beat the egg whites. Add tartar & salt.
- Add vanilla, then slowly add sugar substitute.
- Whip until stiff peaks form.
- Pipe onto a prepared baking sheet.
- Bake (as per the recipe below).
PRO TIP: Put those extra egg yolks to use in another low-carb dessert like this Chocolate Coconut Cookies recipe.
How To Store Meringues
Keep sugar-free meringues at room temperature in a covered container. Place a slice of bread in the container to absorb extra moisture and keep the cookies dry.
Tips & Tricks
The key to perfect meringues is in the egg whites. Always use a clean, dry glass or metal mixing bowl, not plastic. Always use an electric mixer on medium speed first, and then on high speed as the meringue begins to stiffen.
Other Sweet Treats!
- Keto Peanut Butter Cookies – 5 Minute Prep
- Chocolate Coconut Cookies – perfect grab and go treat.
- Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies – delicious and easy.
- Avocado Chocolate Pudding – decadent!
- Keto Chocolate Truffle Balls – to curb any chocolate craving.
- Keto Gummies – for a sudden snack attack.
Sugar Free Meringues
- 2 egg whites room temperature
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ⅓ cup swerve sweetener
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 200°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or a silpat.
- Beat egg whites with a hand mixer on high speed until they start to create bubbles. Add cream of tartar and salt and continue to mix.
- Once the egg whites start to form soft peaks, add vanilla and slowly start incorporating sweetener in small amounts. Mix until stiff peaks start to form.
- Add mixture to a piping bag with a star tip and pipe onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Place meringues in the oven and cook for 50-55 minutes. Turn oven off and open the door slightly letting meringues cool inside for 1-2 hours.
- 1 servings is 4 meringues.
- Recipe makes 40 meringues.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Sugar Free Meringue Recipe