Enjoy a delicious Keto Chocolate Mousse Recipe while sticking to a low-carb eating plan!
Quick and easy, this creamy chocolate mousse dessert is the stuff keto dreams are made of. With its sugar-free ingredients, anyone can enjoy a rich after-dinner treat without worrying about the carb load. Make this whipped chocolate pudding and let your guests eat low-carb tonight—without even knowing it!
Keto Chocolate Mousse Recipe
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your DESSERT board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Why We Love This Keto Recipe
- 5 ingredients and two steps make this recipe easy!
- All the rich chocolate flavors of chocolate pudding combined in one low-carb recipe!
- Keto chocolate mousse is a guilt-free treat that’s perfect for upcoming warmer weather!
Ingredients and Variations
DAIRY: A mouthwatering mousse starts with full-fat dairy products for maximum flavor! Heavy whipping cream and cream cheese guarantee the ultimate fluffy chocolate whip.
CHOCOLATE: Any brand of cocoa powder will do, and with this recipe, the cocoa powder amount can be adjusted for mild or maximum cocoa flavor. Dutch-pressed cocoa is alkalized and provides a smoother flavor and is higher in antioxidants, so it’s worth the extra few cents!
SWEETENER: Swerve is one of the most popular sugar alternatives on the market because it measures just like sugar. But any granular or liquid sugar substitute can be used, simply check the ratios on the packaging. Stevia and monk fruit sweeteners are also popular choices.
EXTRAS: In addition to the vanilla extract, it’s fun to customize keto chocolate mousse! Try adding a drop or two of coconut extract, banana liqueur, brandy, or even rum for a whole new flavor! Or go for orange extract and enjoy a citrusy burst of flavor. Or mix in some creamy peanut butter with the cream cheese, for a chocolate peanut butter mousse!
PRO TIP: If using nuts as a topping or a mix-in, toast them first in a dry pan to make them extra crunchy and intensify the flavor!
How To Make Keto Chocolate Mousse
- Beat cream cheese until it is light and fluffy.
- Add heavy cream and vanilla and beat on high speed.
- Add sweetener and cocoa powder and mix on low until incorporated. Then beat on high for about two minutes.
- Chill for an hour before serving.
Toppings and Mix-Ins!
- Garnish or mix in some orange slices, mini dark chocolate chips, toasted coconut, fresh raspberries, or toasted sliced almonds. Flakes of dark chocolate grated on top are elegant and delish!
- Chocolate Coconut Cookies can be crumbled and mixed in, or served alongside for an extra special dessert.
- Or serve with Keto Peanut Butter Cookies and a pitcher of refreshing Slimming Detox Water.
Recipe Tips and Tricks!
- Use an electric mixer over hand whisking to get the best whipped and fluffy texture.
- Room temperature cream cheese will whip up faster than if it is straight out of the refrigerator.
- Chill in pretty individual dessert dishes or even wine goblets, and serve with a dollop of whipped cream on top.
- Freeze keto chocolate mousse in popsicle molds for a low-carb treat that even the kids will love.
Low Carb Entree Ideas
- Air Fryer Roast Chicken – a classic dinner.
- Zucchini Lasagna Roll Ups – delicious!
- Low Carb Meatloaf – perfect weeknight idea.
- Easy Turkey Burgers – with your fav low carb toppings.
Keto Chocolate Mousse Recipe
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4-5 Tablespoons Swerve® sweetener or to taste
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- Beat cream cheese with a hand mixer until fluffy. Beat in heavy cream and vanilla.
- Add sweetener and cocoa powder, and mix on low until combined.
- Turn mixer to high speed and beat until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.