These super easy Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies come together just like the traditional recipe does, only using a sugar-free sweetener, and other keto-friendly ingredients!
Who says moist, chewy chocolate chip cookies can’t be on a keto way of eating? This quick recipe is proof that chocolate chip cookies are back on the keto menu! So, give these a try and eat some warm chocolate chip cookies from the oven today.
Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your DESSERTS Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Favorite Childhood Treat
- Keto chocolate chip cookie dough looks and tastes like the real thing. No one will ever know they are low carb. Enjoy a sweet treat like everyone else.
- Check out these Keto Peanut Butter or Chocolate Coconut cookie recipes and serve with a pitcher of Slimming Detox Water. Enjoy this guilt-free treat!
Ingredients & Variations
DOUGH: Use your favorite sugar substitute (Swerve was used here), whole, unsalted butter, and coconut oil. Swerve has a brown sugar version that can be mixed half into the white sugar substitute. This gives the cookies a little more caramel flavor.
PRO TIP: For a Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookie, switch out the coconut oil for melted bacon grease and top each cookie with crumbled bacon bits!. It’s a sweet and salty designer treat.
Coconut flour can be used at a 1:1 ratio but a little more liquid might be required to keep the cookies chewy.
MIX INS: Low-carb chocolate chips exist. Find Lily’s brand and choose semi-sweet chocolate chips or chop bits from their dark chocolate bar. Peanut butter chips can be used sparingly, recommend cutting them into smaller pieces so less goes a lot farther. Nuts are keto, too. Add chopped walnuts, pecans, or peanuts. Flaked, unsweetened coconut is yummy, too.
How to Make Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
Here are the steps to delicious keto cookies:
- Cream the sugar, butter, & oil together.
- Whisk dry ingredients together.
- Add butter mixture to dry ingredients.
- Stir in half the chocolate chips. Cover and chill dough. (As per recipe below)
- Scoop dough onto prepared baking sheet. Press remaining chocolate chips into the tops.
- Bake until the edges turn brown. Let cool and then move to wire rack for more cooling.
Avoid over mixing the dough so the cookies have enough air in them to rise properly. Always let the cookies cool a bit before transferring to the wire rack so they can firm up. For extra crunchy nuts and coconut, roast them in a dry sauté pan until they are fragrant. Cooking out the excess oil makes the nuts and coconut extra crunchy and enhances their flavor.
Storing Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
Keep cookies in a sealed container with a slice of bread to absorb extra moisture.
Time Saving Tips
Prepare and freeze the dough in single cookie portions. Keep them in a zippered bag on the outside for up to 4 weeks. No need to thaw! Simply add a few extra minutes to the bake time!
Other Tasty Treats To Try!
- Keto Peanut Butter Cookies – a classic cookie.
- Chocolate Coconut Cookies – perfect afternoon snack!
- Keto Chocolate Cupcakes – decadent!
- Keto Chocolate Mousse Recipe – light and delicious.
Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ⅔ cup granulated erythritol sugar I used swerve
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups fine almond flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup Lily’s dark chocolate chips
- Flaky salt optional topping
- Cream together the sugar, butter, and coconut oil until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla extract and beat.
- Whisk together the almond flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Mix dry ingredients into butter mixture just until combined. Add ½ cup chocolate chips and blend.
- Chill dough for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Portion chilled dough onto baking sheets. Press remaining chocolate chips onto top of cookie dough. Sprinkle with flaky salt, if desired.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden.
- Cool cookies for 10 to 15 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack.