Oven-roasted Cauliflower Parmesan florets make the perfect keto snack, side or even a delicious, vegetarian main dish!
Infused with garlic, Italian seasonings, pasta sauce, and two kinds of cheese, this cauliflower parmesan recipe is sure to be a family favorite. It’s easy to make, and it’s that tasty addictive snack that will be asked for again and again. Enjoy it on its own or with dipping sauce.
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your SIDE DISHES Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Cauliflower Parmesan Recipe
- Cauliflower is a low-carb lover’s dream veggie! Super loaded with nutrition, antioxidants, and fiber, its mild flavor and texture make it a staple in low-carb cooking. It’s so flavorful that even kids will love this healthy side!
- Bold Italian flavors with marinara and melty mozzarella and parm make this a perfect appetizer or side dish! Offer up a low-carb dipping sauce like this Low Carb Ranch Dressing & Dip, a tangy Keto Thousand Island Dressing, or a creamy Avocado Dip.
Low Carb Ingredients
CAULIFLOWER: Choose full, clean heads of cauliflower and break them up into florets for easy, hand-held snacks. Broccoli is another low-carb veggie fave that can be switched out or added to the recipe for lots of crunchy color!
PASTA SAUCE: Choose a low sugar sauce that fits in the low-carb way of eating such as a Marinara or Alfredo sauce. Make a batch of this homemade Low Carb Alfredo Sauce and freeze for future recipes!
CHEESE: Mozzarella and parmesan both have bright, salty flavors and melt well together. Finely shredded Mexican blend, sharp cheddar, or even Monterey Jack cheese will also work well in this recipe!
SEASONINGS: Any store-bought Italian seasoning blend will do, check that there is no added sugar. Or, DIY some low carb blends like this Southwest Seasoning or this Keto Taco Seasoning Recipe and create a whole new flavor profile.
How To Make Cauliflower Parmesan
Cauliflower parmesan is super easy to make:
- Toss cauliflower pieces in a large zipper top bag with oil and seasonings.
- Bake in a single layer (per recipe instructions below).
- Top with pasta sauce and cheese, then bake.
- Serve with remaining pasta sauce for dipping.
PRO TIP: Before the final bake, top cauliflower parmesan with bacon bits so the cheese melts them onto every piece!
What To Serve with Cauliflower Parmesan?
Serve alongside Garlic Butter Chicken Bites and add a simple Cucumber Feta Salad and dinner is served! Or try it with an entree like this Low Carb Meatloaf and have a tasty Greek Salad Recipe alongside. Looking for dessert? Why not serve Keto Chocolate Mousse or some Keto Chocolate Cupcakes?
Recipe Tips & Tricks
Store cauliflower parmesan in a covered container in the refrigerator up to 4 days. Reheat under the broiler to get the cheese crispy again, or puree and add to Low Carb Cauliflower Soup. Or add some chicken and make a whole new main dish like this Low Carb Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole. Freeze leftovers in a zippered bag up to 4 weeks.
So Many Ways To Enjoy Cauliflower!
- Twice Baked Cauliflower Casserole – quick 15 minute prep.
- Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower – so easy.
- Lemon Roasted Cauliflower – zesty and delicious side.
- Cauliflower Mac & and Cheese Recipe – a favorite made low carb!
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ⅛ teaspoon salt and pepper each
- 1 cup low carb pasta sauce additional for serving if desired
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 Tablespoons parmesan cheese grated
- fresh herbs parsley/basil for garnish if desired
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cut the cauliflower in half top to bottom. Cut into large florets.
- Place the cauliflower with the olive oil and seasonings in a freezer bag. Gently toss to coat.
- Place the florets on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, flipping them after 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with 2 Tablespoons pasta sauce, some mozzarella cheese, and parmesan cheese.
- Bake an additional 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and the cauliflower is tender-crisp.
- Garnish with fresh herbs if desired.
- Refrigerate Cauliflower Parmesan in a covered container for up to 4 days.
- Reheat under the broiler to get the cheese crispy again.
- Freeze leftovers in a labelled zippered bag, or container, for up to 4 weeks.
REPIN this Cauliflower Parmesan recipe!