Baked Parmesan Zucchini chips are delicate and flavorful. Make them as a side dish or as a crispy appetizer.
In this recipe, fresh slices of zucchini are lightly seasoned and then baked with a crispy crust of parmesan cheese. Make this yummy recipe as an appetizer with a low-carb marinara, serve them as a side dish, or add them to an omelet or frittata.
Baked Parmesan Zucchini
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your SIDE DISH Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Zucchini Parmesan Recipe
- Baked zucchinis are super easy to make and get on the table fast.
- Plentiful, healthy, and delicious, zucchini is always a crowd-pleasing favorite, and kids especially love cheesy zucchini.
- Cheesy zucchini rounds come out tender and crisp, just like deep-fried ones without the excess oil or the clean-up.
Ingredients and Variations
ZUCCHINI: Choose squash that are free of blemishes, bruises, or cuts. Always cut them the same width so they bake evenly. Other summer and winter squashes can also be used in this recipe by adjusting bake times. Try yellow squash, eggplant, carrots, and small baker or red potatoes.
CHEESE: Parmesan cheese always makes everything so crispy. Shredded mozzarella, cheddar, or a Mexican blend are also great choices. Use what’s on hand!
SEASONINGS: A little garlic powder and salt and pepper keep this recipe uber-simple. However, a little extra spice is also an option, like with this southwest seasoning.
ADD-INS: Toss zucchini with small button mushrooms, slices of colorful bell peppers, onions, or diced potatoes.
How To Make Zucchini Parmesan
This easy recipe is sure to become a new snacking favorite, and it’s so easy to make:
- Line zucchinis up horizontally on a cutting board and slice them all from one end to the other. This ensures even cuts and saves time.
- Toss with oil and seasonings (per the recipe below) and bake them in a single layer on an unlined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle on parmesan cheese and bake until tender.
- Place them under the broiler until the parmesan cheese is extra crispy.
What goes with Parmesan Zucchini?
This dish stands alone as a hearty vegetarian main dish, especially if it’s roasted with other veggies or served over low-carb noodles like cabbage noodles alfredo. As a side dish, serve it alongside a butterflied chicken, pan-seared pork chops, or add it to this delicious shrimp skillet.
Tips & Tricks!
- Avoid overcooking zucchini as it will dry out under the parmesan crust. It’s best to remove it from the oven before it over bakes as it will continue to cook as it cools.
- Save leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Reheat under the broiler or chop the pieces up and add to a quiche, a frittata, or a stir fry.
Best Zucchini Sides and Main Dishes
- Keto Lasagna Zucchini Boats – tasty low carb main dish!
- Zucchini Pasta Salad – colorful and delish.
- Zucchini Ravioli – enjoy it year round.
- Keto/Low Carb Chicken Zucchini Soup (Zoodle) – perfect for chilly weather!
- Sautéed Zucchini – simple skillet recipe.
Baked Parmesan Zucchini
- 1 pound zucchini ¼inch slices
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Toss zucchini in a medium bowl with oil and seasonings.
- Place on an unlined baking sheet and top with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 8 minutes then broil for 2 min, or until the cheese is golden brown and zucchini is tender.
- Do not over cook zucchini. Remove a bit sooner and it will continue to cook to perfection as it cools.
- Refrigerate leftovers in a covered container for up to 3 days.
- Reheat zucchini under the broiler or add to other recipes.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Baked Parmesan Zucchini recipe!