This low carb baked ham recipe has a sweet and citrusy glaze that’s baked right into the top for a moist and flavorful ham!
Now low-carb lovers can enjoy all the flavors of a traditional brown sugar baked ham recipe without the carbs!
Easy Recipe for Baked Ham
- Just prep, bake, and glaze, it’s that easy! Make low-carb baked ham once and serve it all week long in so many ways.
- Why wait for the holidays to prepare a delicious ham? Ham is super keto-friendly and can be served in sandwiches, and salads, or add cubes of ham to a quiche for breakfast or lunch, or added to a hearty soup along with the ham bone (if available) for extra flavor.
- Ham is a great protein for large families and this recipe is so delicious, no one will know it’s keto-friendly! Pop it in the oven on a Sunday and enjoy it all week!
- Instead of carb-heavy potatoes, serve low-carb baked ham with cauliflower mashed potatoes, and a tangy cucumber onion salad.
Ham – Since hams are already pre-cooked, all you need to do is bake and glaze! Smoked hams are infused with even more flavor, but any 1-2 lb. ham will work. For best results, look for one that says ‘fully cooked’ on the package. Measure about 3/4 lb. of ham per person for a bone-in ham and more for leftovers, if desired.
Glaze – Brown sugar substitutes are easy to find and taste and cook like the real thing! Other alternatives to brown sugar are sugar-free maple syrup and sugar-free honey. Dijon, stone ground or horseradish mustard adds depth of flavor to the glaze, however, avoid honey mustard due to its sugar content. In place of citrus juices like orange or pineapple in ordinary ham glazes, opt for orange zest for the perfect pop of citrus flavor.
How To Make Baked Ham
- Score ham, add water, cover, and bake.
- Brush with brown sugar glaze and bake uncovered until the glaze is golden brown.
- A meat thermometer will ensure it reaches the desired temperature (as per the recipe below).
- Let ham rest before serving.
Keep leftover ham in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days and reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop. Freeze slices in zippered bags for up to 2 months.
Recipe for Leftover Ham
Low Carb Baked Ham
- 1 smoked ham approx. 1-2 pounds
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons Swerve brown sugar or other low carb sweetener
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Score the top of the ham in a diamond pattern, making shallow cuts about ½ inch apart.
- Place the ham in the middle of a 2 quart baking dish. Pour the water in the dish with the ham. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine Swerve brown sugar, dijon and orange zest in a small bowl.
- When the ham comes out of the oven, brush with the brown sugar glaze. Bake uncovered for 25 minutes more or until glaze is caramelized and starting to brown.
- Let ham rest 5 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.