Bacon green beans are a delicious side dish that goes with anything!
Add a little extra flavor to green beans with this easy-to-make bacon and green beans recipe. Fresh green beans are lightly sauteed with bacon and ready to enjoy in minutes!
Super Easy Side Dish!
- Green beans with bacon only take one pot and two ingredients! Simply season and serve!
- Serve green beans with bacon warm or chilled on a bed of salad greens.
- Double the recipe and enjoy all week long as a dinner side, a lunchtime salad, or even folded into an omelet, or a quiche.
Just 2 Ingredients!
GREEN BEANS: Fresh is best, but frozen will work! Thaw the green beans first or cook them from frozen and add a few cooking minutes if necessary. Canned green beans can work, be sure to drain and rinse them first to remove excess salt.
BACON: Low-carb lovers adore all things bacon because it infuses everything with a salty, smoky flavor. Choose pepper bacon, hickory smoked, or use diced ham or thin slices of summer sausage.
EXTRAS: You can bulk up this dish by adding other keto-friendly ingredients like sliced onions or mushrooms, small cauliflower florets, or some diced tomatoes.
SEASONINGS: A little salt and pepper are all it takes to bring out the best green bean and bacon flavor! But some garlic powder, onion powder, or even a dash of red chile flakes can really zest it up!
How To Make Bacon Green Beans
- Cook bacon and remove with a slotted spoon to drain on a paper towel (as per the recipe below).
- Cook green beans until they are bright green and tender-crisp.
- Add bacon back to the pan and toss. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle on a little parmesan cheese before serving, if desired.
How To Serve And Store!
Serve bacon green beans alongside any meat entrée like baked ham, meatloaf, or a whole chicken. Keep leftovers in a covered container and enjoy them chilled or reheated in the microwave. Add leftovers to a stir fry or chop them up and add to a mock potato salad.
Other Easy Green Sides!
Bacon Green Beans
- 1 pound green beans washed, ends trimmed
- 3 slices bacon diced
- In a large skillet cook diced bacon over medium heat until crispy.
- Place bacon on a paper towel-lined plate. Drain all but ½ tablespoon bacon drippings from the pan.
- Add green beans to pan and cook over medium heat until they are bright green and tender crisp. Stir them occasionally (about 8 minutes).
- Toss in the bacon and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate leftovers in a covered container for 3-4 days. Enjoy them chilled or reheated in the microwave.
- Leftovers are perfect added to a stir fry.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
EIGHT (8) carbs in a single serving of green beans?? YIKES! I had no idea! 🙁
Hi Nancy, green beans do have 8 carbs per serving in this recipe, but they also have 3 grams of fiber! If you are preferring something even more low carb you make like this zucchini dish or these mushrooms.