Who doesn’t love an easy low-carb casserole? This healthy, hearty, keto Ham and Broccoli Casserole recipe makes the perfect weekday dish.
Broccoli florets are cooked in a seasoned creamy and cheesy sauce with ready-made diced ham for a low-carb main dish that’s baked to perfection and ready to serve in no time at all!
Low Carb Ham and Broccoli Casserole
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your DINNER Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Low Carb Broccoli Casserole with Ham
- This is by far one of the best ‘one dish delish’ low-carb casseroles that the whole family will love! Serve it with a crisp Cucumber Feta Salad or a colorful Cherry Tomato Salad.
- It’s easy to make and economical, perfect for anyone on a tight budget, or to bring to a party or potluck and watch it disappear!
- Serve this cheesy casserole for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. A casserole tends to taste even better the next day, so prep it over the weekend and serve it up all week long.
Recipe Ingredients and Variations
VEGGIES – Broccoli is a low-carb lover’s dream! Healthy, filling, and full of fiber and antioxidants, it’s a great main or side dish. Choose florets that are bright green and firm. Make a more colorful dish by adding other low-carb friendly veggies like cauliflower, mushrooms, spinach, or even strips of red bell pepper.
SAUCE – Cream cheese binds the cheddar and gruyere cheeses together as they melt into heavy whipping cream and chicken broth. Try parmesan, bleu cheese, or even Monterey Jack cheeses are also low carb but would deliver different flavor profiles. Even a jar of nacho cheese sauce would make this casserole delicious. It’s okay to experiment!
How To Make Ham and Broccoli Casserole
The easiest casserole for low-carb lovers comes together in just a few steps!
- Cook and drain broccoli.
- Whisk next 5 ingredients.
- Melt portions of the cheddar and Swiss cheese.
- Stir in broccoli and ham (as per the recipe below).
- Sprinkle remaining cheese and bake.
PRO TIP: Mix ½ cup of crushed pork rinds with the topping cheese for a crispy and crunchy low carb topping!
Tips for Success!
While prepping the ingredients for the recipe, let the cream cheese sit at room temperature until it softens. This makes it easier to melt and stir into the other ingredients.
Cut broccoli florets into bite-sized pieces. Freeze the stalks in zippered bags for future soup or stew recipes.
Leftover ham and broccoli casserole is great the next day and the day after! Cover and keep refrigerated up to 4 days. Reheat covered with foil in the oven at 300˚F until heated through, or on the stovetop. Freeze portions in zippered bags with the date labeled on the outside up to 4 weeks.
Low Carb Casseroles to Try
- Low Carb Unstuffed Cabbage Casserole – cabbage roll flavor without the hassle.
- Chicken Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole – a complete meal!
- Low Carb Enchilada Casserole – Tex Mex flavor without the carbs.
- Low Carb Broccoli Casserole – the perfect side dish.
Low Carb Ham and Broccoli Casserole
- 8 cups fresh broccoli florets about 1 pound
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 ouonces cream cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- ½ cup gruyere or swiss
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cups diced ham
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place broccoli in a large skillet with ½ cup water. Cover and simmer 4-6 minutes or until tender crisp. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add onion powder, cream, broth, and cream cheese. Cook until smooth and slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in ¾ cup cheddar cheese and ¼ cup Swiss cheese until melted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss broccoli and ham with the cheese sauce. Place in a greased 2 quart casserole dish and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.