With the fall days knocking at the door, it is time to cook up some comfort food like this Sausage Spinach Soup.
Salty and delicious sausage is cooked in a creamy broth and seasoned with garlic, and red pepper flakes. This sausage and spinach soup recipe can be put together with such ease and in little time.
Creamy Spinach Sausage Soup
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your SOUPS board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Sausage and Spinach Soup
- The flavor of this soup can be either sweet or spicy depending on the sausage.
- Cook the sausage and then toss it into the cream broth soup base. It is so quick and easy to make and only requires one pot. It is perfect for those nights on the go.
- All the ingredients in this recipe are low in carbohydrates, making it great for those on the keto or a low-carb diet.
- This soup would go great with Low Carb Jalapeno Poppers (Keto), and Low Carb (Keto) Zucchini Fries.
Low Carb Ingredients!
THE SAUSAGE: Buy some Italian sausages for this recipe. These sausages range from spicy to sweet, so buy based on whatever final flavor is desired for the soup. Slice the sausage and cook them with the onions and garlic before adding them to the broth.
THE BROTH: This broth is made from chicken broth and heavy cream. So simple and so creamy.
VARIATIONS: Substitute the spinach for kale or other vegetables like carrots, tomato, mushrooms, swiss chard, or potatoes.
How To Make Sausage Spinach Soup
Enjoy this simple-to-make sausage spinach soup!
- Cook sausage with onions. Add garlic.
- Pour in chicken broth. Add chili flakes and simmer.
- Stir in cream and spinach (as per the recipe below).
Crock Pot: Add all the ingredients except the cream and spinach to the crock pot. Cook for 6 hours. For the last 30 minutes, stir in the cream and spinach, then cook for the remaining time.
Instant Pot: Set the Instant pot to sauté. Sauté the sausage, garlic, and onion until cooked through. Add the broth. Set the pressure on high and cook for 5 minutes. Do a quick release. Set the instant pot to sauté. Add the cream and spinach until heated through (about 1 minute). Serve.
Simple Soup Tips!
This soup can easily be prepped long before dinner. Cut and prepare all ingredients and keep in the refrigerator. When ready to cook, it’s super fast!
Or cook the sausage, garlic and onions in the morning or night before, and have them ready on hand to add to the broth.
PRO TIP: Do not let the cream come to a boil because the cream may curdle. Simply add the cream at the end of cook time, when the temp is very low, and keep on the stove until heated through.
Unfortunately, this soup does not freeze well, due to the heavy cream. It is best stored in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for 3-5 days.
Other Low Carb Soup Recipes To Try!
- Italian Sausage Soup – only 15 minutes of prep!
- Keto Zuppa Toscana Soup – quick Keto soup recipe.
- Low Carb Hamburger Soup – full of flavor!
- Low Carb Beef Soup with Radishes – delicious and different.
- Low Carb Cabbage Soup – so hearty.
Creamy Sausage Spinach Soup
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 12 ounces Italian sausage sliced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 ½ cups chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 6 cups baby spinach
- ½ cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a large pot. Add sausage and onions and cook until brown and onions softened (about 6-8 minutes). Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Pour in chicken broth, add chili flakes and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.