This Keto Zuppa Toscana Soup recipe has all the creamy deliciousness of the popular restaurant version.
Quick, easy and low carb, this one pot recipe has it all! It’s loaded with cauliflower and other healthy vegetables like kale or spinach, and with the addition of bacon & cream, it becomes a hearty and satisfying meal. Keto has never tasted better!
Keto Zuppa Toscana Soup
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your SOUPS Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Keto Zuppa Toscana
- Inspired by the popular Italian chain, this Zuppa Toscana keto style soup is a rich and hearty, one-pot delish dinner that comes together in an instant!
- Packed with low-carb ingredients and simmered in a savory broth, this is one of those soup recipes that the whole family can enjoy!
- Made with cauliflower to replace the carb-heavy potatoes from the original recipe. It’s just as filling but without the carbs!
Ingredients and Variations
MEATS: Italian sausage and bacon are yummy additions to any soup, but feel free to use leftover meat like cooked chicken, beef, or turkey. Even frozen meatballs can be used!
VEGETABLES: Kale makes for the best veggie for Zuppa Toscana because it stays firm during cooking. But, spinach, collard greens, even cabbage can be substituted. Cauliflower replaces the potatoes, but broccoli, zucchini, or mushroom can be added for extra color, texture, and nutrition!
SOUP BASE: Chicken broth and heavy whipping cream give this soup its signature creamy base. Add additional spices like Italian seasoning for a fuller-bodied soup.
GARNISHES: Offer a few bowls of different garnishes so everyone can help themselves! Shredded mozzarella cheese, sliced black olives, diced tomatoes, green onions, jalapenos—these are just a few of the options.
How to Make Zuppa Toscana – Keto Style!
This has to be one the easiest keto soup recipes ever:
- Cook sausage, bacon, and onion. Drain fat.
- Add remaining ingredients except for heavy cream.
- Boil, then reduce to a simmer until cauliflower is tender. Add cream & seasonings. Garnish with bacon and serve.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Premade bacon bits, frozen cauliflower florets, and frozen kale or spinach can all be used if time is short! Just toss them in and add extra simmering time.
- A dollop of sour cream or Greek yogurt before serving makes the soup extra creamy!
- Try making keto Zuppa Toscana in the Crockpot or Instant Pot to save some time!
- Grate some fresh Parmesan & peppercorns on top for a fancy and super tasty presentation.
Other Delicious Soups To Try!
- Low Carb Asian Noodle Soup – deliciously different!
- Homemade Broccoli Cheddar Soup – easy and creamy.
- Low Carb Hamburger Soup – a hearty meal in a bowl!
- Low Carb Cauliflower Soup – excellent for lunch.
- Chicken Cauliflower Rice Soup – quick dinner or lunch!
Keto Zuppa Toscana Soup
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 large onion diced
- 6 slices bacon diced
- 4 cups cauliflower chopped
- 1 ½ cups kale chopped, or fresh spinach
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 5 cups low sodium chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- 1 cup heavy cream
- pepper to taste
- In a large pot, cook sausage and onion until no pink remains. Drain and set aside.
- Cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Drain on a paper towel and drain fat from the pan.
- Add in cauliflower, kale, garlic, chicken broth, crushed peppers (if using), and sausage. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered 6-7 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
- Stir in heavy cream and pepper and let simmer 2 minutes.
- Garnish with bacon and parsley.