Low carb Crock Pot Salsa Chicken is deliciously moist, a little bit spicy, and so easy using just 3 simple ingredients!
Keto and Low Carb go south of the border for this easy, slow cooker recipe. Tacos, burrito bowls, and enchiladas can all be made with shredded salsa chicken!
Crock Pot Salsa Chicken
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your SLOW COOKER Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Chicken In The Crockpot
- Salsa Chicken is a Crockpot lover’s dream, just set it and forget it!
- Only 3 ingredients and 5 minutes of prep.
- This recipe produces juicy, tender meat.
- Make a double batch and store some in the freezer for a quick weeknight meal.
Ingredients and Variations
Chicken: This slow cooker salsa chicken uses boneless skinless chicken breasts, but boneless chicken thighs would work as well! Even frozen chicken will work —simply double the cook time. It can also be made in the instant pot.
Seasoning: Mix up the taco seasoning by using a spicier seasoning like chili or use a jar of green salsa verde for a milder flavor.
Toppings: Tacos are the first thing we think of for shredded salsa chicken! Create a DIY buffet with a variety of mix-ins like lettuce, avocado, tomatoes, corn, olives, fresh cilantro, and onions to use on low-carb tortillas. For toppings, we like shredded cheddar cheese, an extra jar of salsa, a spoonful of sour cream, and avocado dip. Don’t forget the hot sauce!
How To Cook Crockpot Chicken And Salsa
- Place boneless chicken breasts on the bottom of the crockpot. It’s okay to leave the skin on for an extra juicy sauce.
- Sprinkle the taco seasoning mix over the chicken, then top with the salsa.
- Cover and cook according to the recipe below.
- Remove chicken with a slotted spoon from slow cooker and shred using two forks. Add juices till desired consistency and season.
What To Serve With Salsa Chicken?
This crockpot salsa chicken recipe can be a whole meal itself served as a taco.
It can also be served over cauliflower rice with an easy tossed salad.
Can You Freeze Salsa Chicken?
Salsa chicken is a super versatile recipe! Make more than one batch and freeze in zippered storage bags with the date written on the outside. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight or in the microwave.
Other Easy Low Carb Chicken Recipes To Try!
- Chicken Taco Bites – delicious appetizer!
- Buffalo Chicken Salad Recipe– zesty and easy to make.
- Low Carb Chicken Parmesan – a classic entree.
- Cordon Bleu Casserole – easy assembly.
- Chicken Pizza Crust – deliciously different!
Crock Pot Salsa Chicken
- 3 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoon taco seasoning mix
- 1 ½ cups salsa
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of a 4qt slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with seasoning mix and top with salsa.
- Cover and cook on low 7-8 hours or on high 3-4 hours.
- Remove chicken from the slow cooker and shred with forks. Add in juices/sauce to reach desired consistency.
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons each: cumin, onion powder, garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each: oregano, salt, pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes