Zucchini Enchiladas are the entrée you’ve been looking for! On cold days you can make a heartwarming casserole the whole family will love without sacrificing your waistline!
© Easy Low Carb.com
Low Carb Zucchini Enchiladas
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
How To Cut Zucchini For Enchiladas?
There is definitely more than one way to ‘skin’ a zucchini! This particular recipe calls for thin slices cut lengthwise to roll up.
To get thin-sliced zucchini noodles, it is easiest to use a mandoline or a vegetable peeler. But if you don’t have either don’t worry, a simple knife and some careful cutting can get you the same results.
You can also make individual enchilada boats to take to work or school. Scoop out the middle and fill it with the enchilada mixture. Wrap in foil, bake and reheat at a later time.
How To Make Zucchini Enchiladas
This low carb keto dish is so easy to prepare! Once the noodles are cut, just stuff, roll and bake for the perfect meal.
- Prepare zucchini slices and set aside.
- Chop up remaining zucchini bits and saute in a pan with oil, onion, and spices. Mix in remaining ingredients (per recipe below) and simmer until thickened.
- Fill zucchini strips with the mixture and a little cheese. Roll up and place in the casserole dish, seam side down. Top with remaining sauce and cheese.
- Bake until cooked and bubbly.
Serve with sour cream and garnish with cilantro, black olives, or jalapeños!
Can You Make These Ahead Of Time?
Yes, you can! Make zucchini chicken enchiladas ahead of time and keep them covered with plastic wrap in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Can You Freeze Zucchini Enchiladas?
Zucchini enchiladas freeze well but will be less firm when they are thawed and reheated.
- To Freeze: Let cool completely then seal in an airtight container or freezer bag and freeze for 2-3 months.
- To Reheat: Simply thaw in the fridge overnight, re-season, and bake with a fresh layer of cheese on top and they will taste like new again!
More Delicious Low Carb Meals To Try!
- Zucchini Pizza Bites – so easy to make
- Low Carb (Keto) Zucchini Fries – deliciously different!
- Keto/Low Carb Chicken Zucchini Soup (Zoodle) – perfect for cool fall days
- Eggplant Lasagna – a low carb twist on a classic!
- Slow Cooker Healthy Spaghetti Sauce (Low Carb) – versatile and delicious!
Low Carb Zucchini Enchiladas
- 3 zucchini
- 2 cups chicken cooked and shredded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ onion diced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 15 ounces enchilada sauce
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup Monterey jack cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine cheeses and set aside.
- Use a vegetable peeler to cut thin strips of zucchini. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a small pan. Finely chop any little bits of leftover zucchini.
- Add to pan with onion, cumin and garlic and cook over low heat until tender.
- Stir in chicken and ¼ cup of enchilada sauce and simmer 5 minutes.
- Layout 3-4 strips of zucchini (depending on size) and fill with ¼ cup chicken filling and 2 tablespoons of cheese. Repeat with the remaining zucchini.
- Place zucchini enchilada rolls in a 9 x 13" baking pan, top with enchilada sauce and cheese. Bake 25-30 minutes or until cooked and bubbly.
- Top with sour cream and cilantro and serve.