This recipe for Crispy Pork Bites is definitely a keeper!
Tender cubes of pork tenderloin are seasoned in Montreal spice and garlic and then lightly fried in oil for the best appetizer, side dish, or snack any low-carb lover has ever had. The seasoning caramelizes on the outside, creating a crisp outer coating while the pork remains tender and juicy on the inside.
Crispy Pork Bites
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your APPETIZER Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Crispy Pork Bites!
- In keto recipes, fat and flavor are what it’s all about. And these crispy morsels of pork have plenty of both. They are a quick and easy to make, low carb go-to, that’s perfect served any day of the week.
- Prep and cook pork in batches and use to top salads or add to stir-fries. Or pull pieces into shreds and add them with veggies to a low-carb wrap for an energizing workday lunch.
- Cook up a batch or two for guests. Just thread pieces on a skewer and serve them with a delicious Low Carb Ranch Dressing & Dip or Keto Cheese Sauce.
Ingredients and Variations
PORK: Tenderloin is inexpensive and easy to work with. And it can be found pre cut into cubes, which is a real timesaver. However, this same recipe can be made with pork belly (a thick bacon that is uncured), slab bacon (cured, seasoned), boneless short ribs (cut to size), and regular pork chops (cut into cubes).
SEASONING: Montreal Steak seasoning is a popular seasoning for meat at restaurants, and it makes this pork extra tender with a deep, rich flavor. Marinate the bites in Hoison sauce, honey, or barbecue sauce and have a new recipe every time! Out of Montreal Steak Spice? Try this DIY Keto Dry Rub or Southwest Seasoning recipe.
How to Make Pork Bites
Have these tasty pork morsels ready in no time.
- Toss cubes of pork with seasoning (as per the recipe below).
- Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Cook pork in batches until they are browned on all sides.
- Combine all the bites in the pan until they are heated through.
How to Store Leftovers
Keep leftover pork bites in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat on the stovetop. Freeze leftover pork bites in a zippered bag with the date labeled on the outside for up to 8 weeks.
Other Tasty Appetizers
- Ranch Pork Rinds Recipe – quick and easy snack.
- Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip – just 5 minutes prep.
- Cajun Pork Bites – spicy and delicious.
- Chicken Taco Bites – a delicious finger food idea.
Crispy Pork Bites
- 1 pork tenderloin about 1 pound
- 1 tablespoon Montreal steak spice
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Cut pork into bite sized cubes.
- Toss with seasoning and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a large pan heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add half of the pork and cook 3 minutes without stirring. Stir until browned on all sides, about 3 minutes more.
- Repeat with remaining pork bites. Add all bites back to the pan to heat though.
- Refrigerate leftover pork bites in a covered container up to 4 days.
- Reheat again on the stovetop.
- Freeze leftovers in a labelled zippered bag for up to 8 weeks.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Crispy Pork Bites recipe!