Cauliflower Pizza Crust is an amazing low carb/keto alternative to classic pizza. Cauliflower, mozzarella, egg, and Italian seasoning are pressed into the perfect crispy pizza crust. Add your favorite low carb pizza toppings and dinner is served!
© Easy Low Carb.com
Cauliflower Pizza Crust
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
What To Put on Cauliflower Pizza Crust
I love pizza way too much, but then again who doesn’t’? But this pizza crust is especially amazing and my whole family loves it! We add our favorite low carb toppings, and each create a completely custom pizza that we love!
- Veggies: mushrooms, spinach, olives, tomatoes, peppers, arugula (to top after cooking!)
- Meats: bacon, salami, pepperoni, leftover chicken
- Cheeses: mozzarella, parmesan, sharp cheddar
I throw cheese, homemade pesto (great for us keto peeps), veggies, sausage, and jalapenos on my crispy pizza crust for the perfect flavor combo. My daughter likes all of the bacon (I taught her well), peppers, and mushrooms!
How To Make Cauliflower Pizza Crust
You’re going to be surprised how easy it is to make this keto pizza crust.
- Rice cauliflower. (Either shred with a cheese grater or run it through a food processor, like when making cauliflower rice).
- Cook in a non-stick pan for a few minutes, then cool.
- Squeeze dry in a towel. The goal here is to get every drop of water possible out of the cauliflower!
- Mix in egg, cheese, and seasonings and bake!
How to Make The Crust Crispy
We all love a good crispy pizza crust and while it does take a bit of time, you can make a crispy cauliflower crust! As you know, cauliflower is full of water and….I’ve never had crispy water. LOL! There are two tricks to getting your crust crispy:
- Squeeze Your Cauliflower Dry – liquid keeps it from being crispy so remove as much as you can.
- Be Patient – this pizza crust takes a while to cook and allow all of the moisture to evaporate!
Can You Freeze It?
Yes, that’s the best part! Spend some time making pizza crusts on the weekend, cook them crisp, cool them completely and freeze.
They’ll keep a while and make a quick and easy go-to meal! I mean, does it get much easier than frozen cauliflower pizza crust!
Where Can I Buy Cauliflower Pizza Crust?
While I love to make these ahead of time and freeze them, did you know you can also buy cauliflower pizza crust on Amazon? While it’s a bit pricey, they have great reviews and it makes a simple quick recipe to keep you on plan! (Plus you never feel like you’re missing out).
Pizza, Pasta, and More!
- Zucchini Pizza Bites – great party appetizer!
- Spaghetti and Meatballs – hearty, satisfying, & low carb!!
- Zucchini Lasagna Roll Ups – perfect warm weather entree
- Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms – pure comfort food experience
- Easy Low Carb Chicken Parmesan – 30 minute meal!
Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Chop cauliflower and grate or process in a food processor.
- Cook cauliflower in a non-stick pan until tender, about 5 minutes (or place in a bowl covered with plastic wrap and microwave 5-7 minutes). Then cool.
- Spread cauliflower over a kitchen towel and squeeze to release as much liquid as possible.
- Combine all ingredients including drained cauliflower in a bowl and mix well.
- Line a pizza pan with parchment paper and press cauliflower mixture to create a crust.
- Bake 12 minutes, flip crust and bake another 8-10 minutes.
- Top as desired with cheese and toppings. Bake 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.