Broccoli Bacon Cheese Salad is the ideal colorful and crunchy summer salad!
Broccoli and bacon salad is full of healthy ingredients mixed into a brightly flavored, creamy dressing! Keto has never tasted better, plus it’s super easy to make and always a party time favorite. This delicious salad is so versatile—it makes a great accompaniment to just about any entrée from chicken to ribs!
Broccoli Bacon Cheese Salad
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your SALADS Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Why We Love This Broccoli and Bacon Salad
- Broccoli is a low-carb lover’s favorite vegetable. Chock full of antioxidants and fiber, this salad fills up without weighing down!
- The sugar-free dressing complements all the flavors and can be used as a dip or a marinade in other recipes!
- This is a great make-ahead salad because it tastes better as all the flavors have a chance to blend together.
- More than a salad, serve it in a low-carb wrap or pita or scoop onto a bed of lettuce with shredded chicken for an entrée salad.
Ingredients and Variations
BROCCOLI: Bite-sized pieces of broccoli give this dish its structure, but cauliflower pieces can be used instead of, or in addition to, the broccoli. Strips of diced red bell peppers or fresh, sliced mushrooms, chopped red onions, or grape tomatoes can be added as well. For a sweeter flavor, dried cranberry or raisins can be added.
CHEESE: Choose sharp shredded cheddar for maximum flavor. Other great cheeses to add are crumbled bleu cheese, feta, or gorgonzola. Use just one type of cheese to prevent drowning out the other salad ingredients.
NUTS: Aside from the bacon bits, sunflower seeds give this salad its special crunch while adding some healthy nutrients. Slivered almonds or chopped walnuts are great options, too!
DRESSING: Sweet and tart, this creamy dressing has only 5 ingredients but is packed with flavor. Switch out the mayonnaise for Greek yogurt or use balsamic vinegar instead of the apple cider. Experiment with flavors, but keep the recipe amounts the same to maintain the smooth texture. Add some garlic or onion powder, or some red pepper flakes to the dressing before mixing.
How To Make Broccoli Salad With Bacon and Cheese
Broccoli salad is as easy to make as 1, 2, 3:
- Whisk together salad dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Prepare broccoli and add to a large bowl with remaining ingredients.
- Toss salad with dressing and chill at least one hour before serving.
- For extra crunchy nuts or seeds, toast them briefly in a dry sauté pan to burn off the oil and intensify their flavor.
- Whip dressing in a blender to aerate and emulsify, to make it extra creamy.
- Keep broccoli bacon cheese salad in a sealed container in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
- This salad can be frozen successfully as long as it’s undressed. Place all of the ingredients in a zippered bag and write the date on the outside. It will stay fresh up to 4 weeks in the freezer. Let it thaw in the refrigerator before dressing and serving.
Other Easy Recipes To Try!
- Best Greek Salad Recipe – easy Mediterranean style salad.
- Cherry Tomato Salad Recipe – fresh and delicious.
- Zucchini Pasta Salad – quick side dish.
- Dill Pickle Salad With Cauliflower – full of flavor!
Broccoli Bacon Cheese Salad
- 6 cups broccoli bite sized pieces
- ½ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- ½ cup bacon bits
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 2 green onions sliced
- 3 Tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 ½ teaspoons sweetener such as swerve
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- salt & pepper to taste
- Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Wash broccoli and drain very well.
- Toss all ingredients with the dressing mixture.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.