Broccoli bacon salad is a delicious and easy-to-assemble side dish!
This healthy broccoli salad is full of fresh crisp broccoli, cheddar cheese, sunflower seeds, and bacon bits, tossed in a bright and tangy dressing!
This easy broccoli salad with bacon is a delightful balance of flavors and textures.
A Healthy Broccoli Salad
- Tuck versatile broccoli bacon salad into a low-carb wrap or pile it high on a bed of greens to make an energizing workday lunch!
- Healthy broccoli salad is high in fiber and antioxidants. For lower calories, reduce the amounts of bacon and sunflower seeds.
- This easy broccoli salad makes a welcome addition to parties and picnics for guests who follow a low-carb diet!
- Broccoli salad recipes are quick and flavorful sides that can easily become hearty entrée salads with the addition of chicken, tuna, or salmon!
Ingredients and Variations
Broccoli – Cut broccoli into bite-sized pieces so it’s easier to eat. Cauliflower can be used with or instead of broccoli, if desired. Other keto-friendly veggies to use are diced red bell peppers, sliced mushrooms, chopped red onions, or chopped kale.
Cheese – Cheddar cheese makes everything taste delicious! Other tasty cheeses to consider are crumbled bleu cheese, feta, or gorgonzola. Use just one to prevent overwhelming the salad, however.
Nuts – Sunflower seeds are high in protein and easy to digest. Chopped walnuts, pecans, pumpkin seeds, slivered almonds, and hemp hearts are other good options.
Variations – Bulk up broccoli bacon salad and add extra crunch by mixing in a bag of cabbage slaw. A small amount of halved red grapes, diced apples, dried cranberries, or raisins can be added for a pop of color and some sweetness.
Dressing – Switch out the mayonnaise for Greek yogurt or use balsamic vinegar instead of apple cider to get a more vinaigrette-style dressing. Make it the day before so it’s extra cold and creamy!
How To Make Broccoli Salad With Bacon
- Make dressing and chill until ready to use (as per the recipe below).
- Add prepared broccoli and remaining ingredients to a bowl and toss with the dressing. For best results, refrigerate at least an hour before serving.
What to Serve with Bacon Broccoli Salad?
More than a salad, serve it in a low-carb wrap or pita or scoop it onto a bed of lettuce with shredded chicken for an entrée salad. Or enjoy it with a side of homemade crackers or some cloud bread. Have it with anything from chicken to ribs!
Recipe And Storage Tips
- Lightly toast nuts in a sauté pan and cool completely before using them in recipes. This makes them extra crunchy and intensifies their flavor!
- Use a small blender to whip the dressing which will make it extra creamy.
- Make salad and the dressing up to a day ahead and dress right before serving.
- Keep broccoli bacon cheese salad in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Freeze undressed salad in a zippered bag for up to 4 weeks in the freezer. Let it thaw in the refrigerator before dressing and serving.
Other Easy Recipes To Try!
Broccoli Bacon Salad Recipe
- 6 cups broccoli bite sized pieces
- ½ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- ½ cup bacon bits
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 2 stalks green onions sliced
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 ½ teaspoons sweetener such as swerve
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- salt & pepper to taste
- Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Wash broccoli, drain, and pat dry
- Toss all ingredients with the dressing mixture.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
- Toast nuts and seeds in a sauté pan and cool to make them crunchy and flavorful!
- Whip the dressing in a blender to make it extra creamy.
- Make up to a day ahead and add the dressing before serving.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.