Bacon Cheeseburger Salad brings all of the best parts about having a burger to a salad! It is packed with beef, cheese, and bacon along with fresh veggies like lettuce, onion, and tomato to create a salad that tastes a lot like a favorite fast-food burger without the guilt and carbs!
I often have a great Chicken Salad or Dorito Taco Salad as a meal but sometimes I love to switch it up a bit too! This salad is packed with fresh ingredients and turns your burger a low carb affair! I know you definitely won’t miss the bun after trying this!
© Easy Low Carb.com
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Burger and Salad Recipe?!
That’s right! This recipe combines your favorite burger ingredients and tosses it in a salad for the best cheeseburger salad recipe!
I have to admit, I love me a good beefy burger but… I also try to eat a low carb diet! This bacon cheeseburger salad recipe is the best of both worlds. Even better since my family smiles at the sound of it, and after tasting it, they request a bacon cheeseburger salad for dinner often!
With so many fresh flavors combined with crispy bacon and juicy cheeseburger, this salad is fun to eat and really filling too! It has become a regular in my low carb dinner recipe rotation!
How To Make A Cheeseburger Salad
This recipe for hamburger salad with cheese and bacon comes together in 20 minutes to make a really fun dinner option!
- Cook the beef, garlic, and onion over medium heat until it is cooked through.
- Drain excess fat, and stir in the barbecue sauce and simmer for about a minute. For a low sugar bbq sauce, I LOVE the G Hughes Smokehouse Sugar Free BBQ.
- Prep the remaining ingredients and toss all ingredients together to combine.
I am a fan of lighter dressing on my salads, so I like to add a little less and add more as necessary. You can always add more, but you can’t take it out once it is added!
How to Make Thousand Island Dressing
While I love the convenience of bottled dressing, there is something special about a homemade version!
- Combine all dressing ingredients together.
- Refrigerate until needed.
Whit this thousand island dressing is so easy to prepare I love to make a big batch and store it in the fridge! It will last for about a week and only gets better with time.
Low Carb Salad Toppings
Cheeseburgers tend to get a bad rap but for this salad, I use lean beef, loads of veggies and a bit of cheese and bacon for flavor. Add in your favorite low carb toppings too!
- Extra Crunch: bell peppers, parmesan crisps, or some sliced celery!
- Nuts: pine nuts, almonds or a classic burger bun topping of sesame seeds.
- Flavor Packed: olives, capers, or a hard-boiled egg!
I love making this bacon cheeseburger salad recipe for lunches, it is super easy to meal prep. Just pick your toppings, pack your dressing separately and toss it all together before you enjoy it.
This recipe for cheeseburger salad with BACON is the perfect answer to a complete meal your whole family will love! In just 20 minutes start to finish, you have a delicious salad ready to go, perfect for weeknights!
Delicious & Hearty Salads
- Buffalo Chicken Salad – packed with flavor
- BLT Egg Salad Lettuce Wraps – keto & low carb
- Low Carb Caesar Salad – top with chicken!
- Keto Egg Salad – a family favorite
- Radish Salad – yummy mock potato salad
Bacon Cheeseburger Salad
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 white onion
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce sugar free
- 1 large head romaine lettuce
- 1 cup grape tomatoes sliced
- ⅓ cup red onion sliced
- ½ cup fresh mushrooms sliced
- ⅓ cup dill pickles diced
- ¼ cup dill pickles sliced
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 cup cheddar cheese sliced and diced
- 8 slices bacon cooked crisp and chopped
- 1 cup thousand island dressing sugar free
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- Cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until no pink remains. Drain any fat.
- Add barbecue sauce and simmer 1 minute. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients including beef. Toss and serve.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar free ketchup
- 3 tablespoons finely diced dill pickles
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- sweetener to taste (I use Swerve)