Avocado egg salad is a low carb creamy delight!
Every low-carb lover knows that eggs are a mainstay in the keto lifestyle. But this recipe for egg salad takes it to next level delicious by adding avocados, giving it a rich and creamy texture packed with protein and healthy fats!
Delish Egg Salad!
- Eggs are an affordable, protein-packed superfood that is both filling and energizing! Plus they are incredibly versatile with so many ways to enjoy them!
- This tasty twist on regular egg salad is definitely a winner and a new way to enjoy keto-friendly eggs and avocados together. This salad works as a dip, a topping, or a filling.
- Serve avocado egg salad on top of a mixed green salad, scoop it up with favorite low-carb crackers, or simply wrap it in lettuce as a post-workout snack, desktop lunch, or a light dinner.
Eggs: The main ingredient here are eggs so be sure they are as fresh as possible! But how can you tell? Fresh eggs will sink to the bottom of a bowl full of water, either upright or on their sides. Rotten eggs will float – check eggs individually as not all might be bad!
Filling: Just a little mayonnaise is all you need so the avocado can really shine! Substitute the mayo for sour cream, mustard, or your favorite low-carb ranch or bleu cheese dressing, and make it a new recipe every time!
Add-Ins: Avocado egg salad can be made simply or dressed up! Add some chopped red onions, diced bell peppers, cucumbers, chopped asparagus, or even some chia seeds for flavor, color, and crunch.
How To Make Avocado Egg Salad
- Mash avocado with lemon juice and mayonnaise in a bowl.
- Fold in chopped eggs and green onions (as per the recipe below).
- Season to taste. Serve immediately.
Serve avocado egg salad with a layer of lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, and some crispy bacon between two pieces of cloud bread, or a favorite low-carb wrap. Make an open-faced sandwich and scoop avocado egg salad onto a chaffle with strips of chicken, turkey, or bay shrimp for extra protein.
Tips & Tricks
Get perfect hard-boiled eggs with this recipe.
Keep leftover avocado egg salad in a covered container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. Stir before serving. It is not recommended to freeze any egg salad blend because both the eggs and the mayonnaise will become watery once thawed. But this recipe is so quick and easy, why not double it up and enjoy for a few lunches.
Avocado Egg Salad
- 1 avocado
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 hard-boiled eggs peeled and chopped
- 1 green onion sliced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Mash avocado, lemon juice and mayonnaise together in a medium bowl.
- Stir in eggs and green onion until combined. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.