Avocado Chocolate Mousse is perfect for anyone on a low carb or Keto diet. It’s smooth and sweet just like mousse should be.
Avocado, cocoa, and a natural sugar-free sweetener make this a bombshell of a dessert that will satisfy that sweet craving without overloading on sugar or calories. Don’t deny yourself the joy of dessert, just switch things up!
Avocado Chocolate Mousse
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your DESSERTS Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Best Chocolate Mousse Recipe
- Chocolate mousse is a no-bake dessert that is light, fluffy, and sweet. Conventional mousse is made with milk, sugar, and eggs. This chocolate mousse recipe omits eggs and milk and uses healthy avocado instead. Thus, making it a great vegan recipe.
- Paleo, vegan, and keto, what a perfect dessert for guests that have a variety of dietary restrictions.
- The best things in life are sweet and healthy and this dessert fits that description.
- Serve this dessert with a berry wine. Or make some Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies or Chocolate Coconut Cookies and use them as decoration. Place cookies gently on the side of the cup or serving dish.
Chocolate Mousse Ingredients
AVOCADO: Purchase a ripe avocado for this recipe. To quickly ripen an avocado, place it in a brown paper bag with a banana. Remove the pit and discard the brown inner parts before blending.
CHOCOLATE: Use dark cocoa for this recipe. Any brand will do.
SWEETENER: This recipe calls for Swerve sweetener. This natural sweetener is low glycemic and is all-natural. It can be found in the baking aisle of most supermarkets. This sweetener can be replaced with xylitol, erythritol, or stevia. Slowly add these to taste. Honey and maple syrup can also be used (this would make it non-keto). Slowly add these to taste.
How to Make Avocado Chocolate Mousse
So easy to make this chocolate mousse!
- Cut avocado in half and remove pit. Scoop out the flesh.
- Process in food processor until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Process until smooth (as per recipe below).
- Divide into bowls and refrigerate.
How To Dress Up Your Mousse!
Serve these in fancy wine glasses or small delicate bowls, or even tiny china cups. For extra ingredients top it with some whipped cream and chocolate shavings. Drizzle with some peanut butter or caramel drizzle. Sprinkle with fruit and nuts and stick a little chocolate wafer straw into the mousse.
Best Mouse Making Tips!
Make sure that the avocado is fully ripe. While blending ensure that the avocado is completely blended and that no chunks are remaining. Add a little water at a time to give it a smoother consistency.
Let the mousse set in the refrigerator before serving.
Other Simple Desserts To Try!
- Keto Chocolate Mousse – with peanut butter.
- Chocolate Mousse Recipe – easy 10 minute recipe.
- Keto Peanut Butter Cookies – a classic!
- Keto Chocolate Cupcakes – only 15 minute prep!
- Avocado Chocolate Pudding – simple and delicious.
Avocado Chocolate Mousse
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1 ½ Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2- 2½ Tablespoons Swerve sweetener granulated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Cut avocados in half, remove the seed and scoop out the flesh into a small food processor. Process until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients. Process until smooth and add 1 teaspoon of water at a time to reach desired consistency. Add additional sweetener to taste.
- Divide into two small bowls and refrigerate 1 hour. Top with whipped cream if desired.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Avocado Chocolate Mousse recipe!