For a healthy, low carb, keto recipe, this baked Zucchini Ravioli will be in your ‘easy-to-fix’ recipe box all year round! Baked with your choice of meat or simply with ricotta cheese, the variations are endless!
Feeding a crowd? Why not keep with the zucchini theme and include a low carb starter like Low Carb (Keto) Zucchini Fries or Zucchini Pizza Bites? Your friends will love eating healthy while enjoying delicious food along with good company!
© Easy Low Carb.com
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
You can stick to your healthy eating plan and still feed the family with one simple recipe! If you make it with chicken or with spinach, it always turns out great! No matter what filling you use, this recipe is a winner!
How To Make Zucchini Ravioli
- Prepare the zucchini strips and set them aside.
- Brown the beef (chicken, turkey, pork, or tofu) and seasonings until no longer pink. Drain the fat.
- Stir in the cream cheese (or ricotta) and some parmesan cheese (per recipe below).
- Make the raviolis by laying four zucchini strips in a star pattern, drop a scoop of filling in the center, and wrap the zucchini strips into a small bundle around the filling.
- Assemble casserole by spreading some pasta sauce in the bottom of the casserole dish and place raviolis in dish. Top with remaining sauce, mozzarella cheese and remaining parmesan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly and serve!
Zucchini Ravioli Variations
The sky is the limit here, but if staying low carb and keto is important stick with mix-ins like sliced black olives, green onions, shredded cabbage, diced mushrooms and lots of seasonings like roasted garlic, red pepper flakes, or Italian parsley.
Can It Be Frozen?
It’s best to freeze zucchini ravioli before baking it so it stays firm. Make the bundles and place them in an airtight zippered bag with the date labeled on it.
Allow them to thaw in the refrigerator overnight or in the microwave and bake per recipe instructions. Be sure to add the cheese on the top and bake until golden brown and bubbly!
More Delicious Recipes To Try!
- Zucchini Lasagna – easy to make
- Keto/Low Carb Chicken Zucchini Soup (Zoodle) – Perfect for Cool Days!
- Slow Cooker Healthy Spaghetti Sauce (Low Carb) – A staple to keep on hand!
- Zucchini Lasagna Roll Ups – fun to make
- Easy Low Carb Spaghetti and Meatballs – a classic, but low carb
- 3 zucchini
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 ½ cups low carb tomato sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Use a vegetable peeler to cut thin strips of zucchini. Set aside.
- Brown beef and seasonings in a small pan breaking beef up as finely as possible. Drain fat.
- Stir in cream cheese and 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese.
- Lay out 2 strips of zucchini in an ‘X’ shape. Fill with 2 tablespoons beef filling. Wrap zucchini over beef to create a small bundle.
- Spread ½ cup pasta sauce in the bottom of a baking dish. Place zucchini ravioli in the dish. Top with remaining pasta sauce and top with mozzarella cheese and remaining parmesan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until cooked and bubbly.