Avocado Pesto is a creamy low-carb sauce that elegantly graces salads, dips, meats, zoodles, and even makes a great spread for a low-carb sandwich or wrap!
Avocado pesto sauce adds a bright splash of flavor and color to any dish hot or chilled. Keep an extra batch on hand and discover all the ways it can be used! For a healthy meal, pair with homemade zoodles, or add a spoonful or two over some spaghetti squash. Mix into a cherry tomato salad, or add to a dill veggie dip.
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your DIPS & DRESSINGS Board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Why We Love Avocado Pesto
- It’s a bright, creamy sauce recipe that’s perfect added to an entrée salad or side dish! Add shredded chicken to make an entrée salad or tuck into a low-carb wrap with lettuce and onions!
- Also made from heart-healthy and fat-friendly avocados, pine nuts, and olive oil, this pesto sauce will keep you feeling energized all day long!
- Made in minutes with only a food processor or countertop blender, cleanup is a cinch!
Ingredients and Variations
AVOCADO Creamy avocados are blended with olive oil, garlic, basil leaves, and a tinge of lemon juice!
PINE NUTS Pine nuts can be pricey, so walnuts can be used in place
CHEESE Feta blends great instead of the Parmesan!
How to Make Avocado Pesto Sauce
Avocadotake just minutes to make:
- Place oil, pine nuts, garlic, lemon, in a food processor and pulse.
- Add avocado, basil, salt & pepper, and process per recipe below.
Optional: Garnish with fresh chopped basil, toasted pine nuts, or parmesan cheese.
Recipe Tips & Tricks
- Avocado pesto can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days.
- Pesto should be refrigerated immediately and only kept for 2-3 days. If stored longer, there is a risk that the raw garlic, which has extremely low acidity, may produce botulism, a serious toxin, and this is not a risk worth taking.
- This multi-use pesto can be used in so many different ways! As a dip for raw, keto-friendly veggies like broccoli and cauliflower florets, celery, radishes, and mushrooms.
- Add to cream cheese for a spread or mix with extra olive oil for a salad dressing!
- Or, freeze cubes of avocado pesto to pop out and add a burst of creaminess to soups, even scrambled eggs or tuna salad!
Other Easy Dips or Dressings To Try
- Creamy Vinaigrette – perfect for a fresh salad.
- Simple Pesto Recipe – delicious and easy!
- Low Carb Crab Dip – delicious appetizer.
- Easy Caesar Salad Dressing – a classic!
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese shredded
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or as needed
- 1 avocado
- ⅛ teaspoon salt pepper to taste
- ½ cup packed fresh basil leaves
- Pulse pine nuts, garlic, lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a food processor until chopped.
- Add avocado, basil, salt, and pepper. Process until smooth.