This Bacon Cauliflower Mac and Cheese may just fool even the basic mac and cheese connoisseur. The cauliflower is covered in a cheesy and creamy sauce which makes this dish so addictive.
Even though there are no noodles in this keto mac and cheese recipe it still tastes so delicious. The noodles are replaced with cauliflower, and then it is covered in a smooth and creamy cheese sauce.
Bacon Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your MAIN DISH board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Comfort Food Made Keto
- Mac and cheese is a well-known comfort food that adults and kids love. This recipe has a bonus – it is healthy!
- This recipe is keto-friendly, low carb and so easy to make.
- The dish is baked under the broiler giving it a browned cheesy crust. It is the best.
Keto Mac and Cheese Ingredients
THE CAULIFLOWER: Choose cauliflower heads that are tight and white, without brown spots. To cut the cauliflower, turn it stem side up and then cut around the stem, breaking off the individual florets. Make sure that the florets are bite-sized.
THE SAUCE: The sauce for this recipe calls for heavy cream, cream cheese, Monterey Jack, and cheddar or mac and cheese blend. This combination of cheeses makes the sauce so flavorful.
THE TOPPING: Pork rinds, butter, and Parmesan are the final touches to this tasty mac and cheese. This topping can be omitted and it will still taste great.
How to Make Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
Delicious keto mac and cheese with these steps:
- Cut and roast the cauliflower
- Cook the bacon. (Try it in the Air Fryer!)
- Melt cream cheese and cream together in a pot.
- Stir in the rest of the shredded cheese and seasonings.
- Add cauliflower and bacon.
- Transfer to a baking dish.
- Mix pork rinds, parmesan, and butter. Sprinkle over the top.
- Broil and serve.
Tips for the Best Keto Dish
Make sure the cauliflower is cut into bite-sized florets for even cooking.
Milk can be substituted for the heavy cream; however, it will not be a keto recipe.
The bacon grease from the fried bacon can be used as a substitute for the butter in the topping. Bacon grease is so salty which works well as a butter replacement.
To save time, omit the topping. Another time-saving tip is to cook the cauliflower a day in advance or use frozen cauliflower.
Other Delicious Keto Main Dishes!
- Keto Lasagna Zucchini Boats – delicious and easy!
- Crustless Ham and Cheese Quiche (Keto) – perfect for brunch or dinner.
- Keto Zuppa Toscana Soup – a hearty soup.
- Chicken Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole – quick weeknight dinner.
- Low Carb Ham and Broccoli Casserole – creamy and cheesy.
Bacon Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
- 2 heads cauliflower bite size florets
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese cubed
- 2 cups Monterey Jack shredded cheese
- 2 cups Mac and Cheese blend shredded cheese or cheddar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon ground mustard powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper each
- 1 cup crushed pork rinds
- ¼ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons salted butter or bacon grease melted
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Toss cauliflower with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread on prepared baking sheet and roast for 30-40 minutes, until slightly brown and is fork-tender.
- Heat heavy cream and cream cheese in a large pot over medium heat until cheese has melted and edges begin to simmer.
- Stir in shredded cheese and seasonings until completely melted and thick. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix in roasted cauliflower and bacon, then transfer to a greased baking dish.
- Mix together the topping ingredients then sprinkle over top of the mac and cheese.
- Broil on low until the top crisps up, about 5 minutes.
- Enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.