Homemade breakfast sausage patties are so easy to make!
Juicy ground pork is mixed with savory seasonings from the pantry and pan-fried or air-fried in minutes!
They’re perfectly seasoned and portioned just the way you like them!
Healthy Breakfast Sausage Patty Recipe
- Start the day with a homemade breakfast that’s protein-packed and full of nutrition with a spice level to your liking!
- Making homemade breakfast sausages from scratch is far more cost-effective than pre-made Jimmy Dean or store brands and you can freeze them in portions to use whenever you want!
- Cook up an extra batch of sausage patties and reheat in minutes in the microwave or Air Fryer all week long!
- This recipe can also be made as a crumbled version and added to omelets, egg bites, casseroles, and soups.
Breakfast Sausage Patty Ingredients
Pork – Pork is high in tasty fats so it’s especially juicy, but you could add ground beef, chicken, or turkey to the recipe if you like. Pre-seasoned ground pork like Italian mild or spicy will also work.
Seasonings – Dried sage, crushed fennel seeds, garlic, and thyme give breakfast patties a rich savory flavor. Add some red pepper flakes, parsley, or rosemary for more depth of flavor.
Time Saving Tip!
Variations – Omit the seasonings entirely for a ready-made Italian blend or a zesty taco seasoning mix, if you like. Add more nutritional content and mix in some shredded zucchini, sweet potato, finely chopped broccoli, ground flax seeds, or chia seeds.
How to Make Breakfast Sausage Patties
- Combine the ground pork with the seasonings in a large bowl (per the recipe below).
- Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours or overnight.
- Create 6 equally sized patties and fry in olive oil until crispy brown on both sides and cooked through. Serve hot.
In the Air Fryer:
- Preheat Air Fryer to 400°F.
- Cook patties in a single layer, flipping over about 5 minutes and cooking for another 5 minutes.
- Cook until they reach 160°F and have a crispy exterior.
Serving and Storing Breakfast Sausage Patties
Serve breakfast sausage patties with a side of scrambled eggs, melt some cheese on them, and make a breakfast sandwich with some cloud bread, or chop them up with scrambled eggs and tuck them into a low-carb wrap for an energizing portable breakfast or lunch!
Keep extra breakfast sausage patties in a zippered bag in the fridge for about a week or freeze them for up to two months.
Tips for Success!
- It’s easier to blend the seasonings before blending in with the sausage.
- Be sure to chill the sausage mixture for two hours or overnight to allow the flavors to blend thoroughly.
- Cook one patty to decide if the flavor is to your liking before cooking the remaining patties.
Breakfast Sausage Patties
- 1 pound ground pork
- ¾ teaspoon dried sage
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon fennel seeds crushed
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil divided
- Stir together ground pork, seasonings and 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a medium bowl until well combined. Divide the mixture into 6 equal patties, about 3" wide.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat and cook the patties in batches for 3-4 minutes per side.
- Remove from the pan and cook the remaining patties.
- To ensure the flavor of the sausage is to your liking, fry a small piece and taste it to adjust seasonings to preference.
- Refrigerate cooled leftovers in a covered container or zippered bag for 3-4 days, or freeze for about 8 weeks.
- Patties can be reheated- cover with foil and reheat in the oven, in a hot skillet, or in an air fryer.
- Add leftovers to other breakfast dishes.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©Easy Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.