Shredded Brussel Sprout Slaw is the easy low-carb salad that goes with anything!
Crunchy, tangy, and super healthy, make this brussel sprout slaw recipe any time a coleslaw upgrade is in order! Serve brussel sprouts slaw as a side to bbq Air Fryer Drumsticks or Keto Pork Tenderloin or use it as a filling for tacos or a wrap.
Shredded Brussel Sprout Slaw
© Easy Low Carb.com
PIN IT to your SALAD board for later!
Follow Easy Low Carb on Pinterest for More Great Low Carb Ideas!
Why We love Brussel Sprouts
- It’s no wonder brussels sprouts are enjoying newfound popularity in the low carb and keto world! Delicately flavored and easy to prepare, brussels sprouts are loaded with vitamins, minerals, and fiber.
- Short on time? Make this salad a day in advance! The flavors will intensify while the veggies stay crisp!
- Easy prep! Just three steps: mix, whisk, and toss! Serve with some crispy pepperoni chips for a quick and easy snack!
BRUSSELS SPROUTS – Shredded brussels sprouts are easy to find bagged in the produce section, or simply shred them with a box grater (see below).
CABBAGE – Switch up the cabbage colors by using a blend of green and purple.
FRESH HERBS – Cilantro and mint accent the mild flavors of the veggies, but a little bit of chopped green or red apples give the salad some sweet crunch.
EXTRAS – Even broccoli or cauliflower florets can be added for more texture! Pistachios offer a hearty crunch but walnuts or pecans can be used, too! Even a bacon topping will add another crunchy dimension of flavor!
Best Slaw Dressing
This easy, vinegar-based dressing is easily whisked together in minutes and has a citrusy burst of lime that complements the veggies and pistachios. Add some ground mustard or garlic powder for a stronger tasting dressing.
How To Make Shredded Brussels Sprout Slaw
Super easy salads are fun to make, and this one just has two steps to prepare it:
- In a large bowl toss shredded vegetables with herbs & shelled pistachios.
- Whisk dressing and toss into salad. Chill at least one hour before serving.
How to Shred Brussel Sprouts
Choose brussels sprouts that are free of bruised or torn leaves. Rinse and pat them dry.
With a Knife: Trim the stems. Cut them in half vertically and slice across the horizontal edges in small strips.
With a Food Processor: Trim off the stems and place sprouts in a food processor. Shred with the slicing attachment.
With a Box Grater: Shred each whole sprout against the grater, moving in one direction.
Recipe Tips and Tricks!
- The best way to use nuts in any recipe is to sauté them in a dry skillet for a few minutes until they are lightly browned. This intensifies their flavor and makes them extra crunchy!
- Using a bullet blender for the dressing emulsifies the ingredients and makes it extra creamy!
- For a creamy dressing, add half an avocado to the dressing and blend on high until emulsified.
Other Tasty Low Carb Salads To Try!
- Zucchini Pasta Salad – so easy to make!
- Dill Pickle Salad With Cauliflower – perfectly tangy.
- Cherry Tomato Salad Recipe – simple and beautiful!
- Cucumber Feta Salad – fresh and tasty.
Shredded Brussel Sprout Slaw
- 1 lb Brussel sprouts shredded
- 8 oz bag green cabbage shredded
- ¼ cup cilantro coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup mint coarsely chopped
- ½ cup pistachios shelled
For the dressing
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice or 1 lime juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl combine shredded Brussels sprouts, cabbage, cilantro, mint, and pistachios.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Toss Brussels sprout mixture with dressing until fully combined. Refrigerate 1 hour. Toss before serving.